The Fur Affinity Toolbar is a nasty computer worm that is categorized as a vicious browser hijacker that enters in the targeted computers secretly, and performs several unwanted actions without your consent. Once this browser hijacker infiltrates in the system, it modifies the browser settings, and redirects you towards infectious websites. The objective of developing such lethal browser hijacker is to take the control of online activities of the targeted users to gain the monetary benefits. It is capable of collecting the personal information of the user, and transfer such valuable information to the hackers. Additionally, you will also notice that the home page, search provider, and the desktop background is changed without your permission, and the system starts responding slowly. This malicious application is responsible for several other changes in the windows security to invite additional parasites.
Removal of Fur Affinity Toolbar
The Fur Affinity Toolbar is a malicious browser hijacker that can be extremely harmful for the overall performance of your system if not removed in time. You have to get rid of this nasty computer virus either manually, or by selecting any reliable automatic removal tool. The steps involved in the manual removal process are mentioned below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
You have to boot the system in the safe mode to start executing the manual removal instructions. In this regard, restart the computer, and strike the F8 key repeatedly to access the boot options menu. Select the safe mode option once you are able to see the boot options, and hit the Enter key.
End the Malicious Processes
Press the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together to access the task manager, and click on the processes tab once the task manager is visible on the screen. Under the processes tab, you can see all the processes running in the background from which you have to delete the following associated processes of the Fur Affinity Toolbar before closing the task manager:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Remove the following suspicious files associated with the Fur Affinity Toolbar from the system files folder by using the Delete key:-
- %Desktopdir%\Fur Affinity Toolbar.lnk
- %Programs%\Fur Affinity Toolbar\Fur Affinity Toolbar.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
In the end, get rid of the suspicious entries created by this browser hijacker in the windows registry. In this regard, you have to run the Regedit command from the Start menu to access the registry editor. Delete the following malicious entries associated with the Fur Affinity Toolbar as soon as possible:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Fur Affinity Toolbar\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Fur Affinity Toolbar
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Fur Affinity Toolbar\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Fur Affinity Toolbar\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Fur Affinity Toolbar\DisplayName Fur Affinity Toolbar
Restart the PC in the normal mode and see if the virus is removed successfully or still available. Run a system scan from the main interface of your antivirus program.