The Fupa Games Toolbar is a perilous computer infection that is designed as well as distributed to attack the windows based computers all over the world. The Fupa Games Toolbar sneaks in the windows computers secretly without any prior notice, and it is not easy to detect this virus. The main objective of this malicious application is to destroy the browser, and take control of the online activities of the user. Besides that, the hackers also use this infection to display the commercial pop-up ads, and promote some affiliate websites for pay per click programs. Initially, it only affect the browser, but if left un-attended, it can destroy crucial system files, and starts eating the system resources.
Removal of Fupa Games Toolbar
Once the Fupa Games Toolbar enters in the system, it should be removed through an effective method. There are various automatic tools available through which you can get rid of this toolbar virus quickly. Besides that, the manual removal method is also available in this regard, which is complicated, and detailed below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
The manual removal process starts when you access the safe mode on the infected computer. Reboot the system, and access the boot options by pressing the F8 key repeatedly. Choose the Safe Mode option from the boot options, and strike the Enter key to start the computer in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
Once the safe mode is accessed, you have to open the windows task manager by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together. Once the task manager is accessed, select the processes tab, and remove the following malicious processes associated with the Fupa Games Toolbar before closing the task manager:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
After getting rid of the associated processes, you have to remove the associated data of this infection. Following are some of the files that are required to find and removed from the system files folder by using the Delete key:-
- %Desktopdir%\Fupa Games Toolbar.lnk
- %Programs%\Fupa Games Toolbar\Fupa Games Toolbar.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
In the end, you have to reverse the changes made by this infection in the windows registry by removing the fake registry entries. In this regard, access the registry editor by executing the Regedit command through the Run option available in the start menu. Eliminate the following corrupt entries associated with the Fupa Games Toolbar after accessing the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Fupa Games Toolbar\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Fupa Games Toolbar
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Fupa Games Toolbar\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Fupa Games Toolbar\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Fupa Games Toolbar\DisplayName Fupa Games Toolbar
Once done with the above mentioned steps, it is time to check the effectiveness of the manual removal process after closing the registry editor. Update your existing antivirus program before running a complete system scan to remove any infections caused by this virus.