The Fun2Save is a dangerous computer worm categorized as an adware infection that secretly attacks the windows based computers by using the loopholes in the system security. Once this adware program slips in the system, it starts violating your privacy in all possible ways, and performs several unwanted activities. Your personal information like credit card numbers, online banking details, and browsing history are at high risk because of this malicious application. When you try to search something on the internet, often you receive irrelevant search results which simply means this dangerous adware is dictating its search terms. The basic purpose this infection is to promote some rogue programs and make money through illegal ways. You will receive countless numbers of pop-up messages while surfing on the web due to which you cannot surf freely. The hackers also use this adware to generate traffic on some low ranked website, and make money from the pay per click programs.
Removal of Fun2Save
Once the Fun2Save adware infection founds in the system, you have to remove this extremely dangerous computer worm effectively, and completely. There are some useful automatic tools available in this regard that are not only convenient to use, but also easy to get. You can also use the manual removal method to get rid of this adware infection. The manual removal instructions are as under:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
Before starting the manual removal process, you must boot the system in the safe mode. You have to restart your computer, and while the system is restarted, keep hitting the F8 key to access the boot options screen. On that screen youy can see different options, but you should select the Safe mode option, and hit the Enter key.
End the Malicious Processes
After accessing the safe mode, you have to hold the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together to access the task manager, and select the Processes tab under the task manager window where you have to delete the following supported processes of the Fun2Save by using the “End Process” button: –
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Open the system files folder, and remove the following associated files of the Fun2Save adware by using the Delete key:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
You are required to remove the corrupt entries created by this adware in the windows registry. In this regard, you have to open the registry editor to make the changes in the windows registry. The registry editor can be accessed by Selecting the Run option from the start menu, and type “regedit” before pressing the OK button. Get rid of the following suspicious entries from the windows registry:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Fun2Save\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Fun2Save\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Fun2Save\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Fun2Save\DisplayName Fun2Save
Close the registry editor, and reboot the computer in the normal mode to see how effectively you have followed the instructions. Select the complete system scan from the main interface of your antivirus program. .