The FTDownloader is a new variation in the series of adware infections attacked recently to the windows based personal computers. The FTDownloader is a serious risk for the privacy of the valuable information stored on your system. The cyber crooks are using different methods to sneak into the system, including the file sharing networks, porn websites, junk mail attachments, and infected removable storage devices to distribute this malicious application.Once this virus enters in the system, it modifies most of the default system settings, including the home page, search provider, DNS settings cookies settings, and desktop background. The aim of the hackers is to steal your personal financial information and use it in the online frauds to make money. This information might include credit card numbers, bank account credentials, browsing history, and passwords. Besides that, it also invites additional infections after altering your security settings.
Removal of FTDownloader
As soon as you receive the symptoms of the FTDownloader adware on your computer, you have to remove this infection as a top priority. There are both automatic as well as manual removal methods available in this regard. The automatic method is easy, and fast; whereas, the manual removal is only recommended for the advanced level computer users because of its complexity. The steps involved in the manual removal are as under:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
Before starting the removal of this adware infection manually, you have to access the safe mode. Reboot your computer to terminate the normal mode, and while the system is restarted, keep hitting the F8 key to access the boot options screen. You can see a number of options, from which you should select the Safe Mode, and hit the Enter key to access the safe mode on the computer.
End the Malicious Processes
Remove the associated processes of this adware infection from the windows task manager. The task manager can be accessed, by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and click on the processes tab under the task manager window to see the list of processes running in the background. Remove the following associated processes of this virus: –
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Access the system files folder from the file explorer, and remove the following malicious files as soon as possible:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
In the end, you have to reverse the modifications made by this infection in the windows registry by using the registry editor. The registry editor can be accessed by Selecting the Run option from the start menu, and type “regedit” before pressing the OK button. Remove the following associated entries of the FTDownloader from the windows registry:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Adware.FTDownloader\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Adware.FTDownloader\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Adware.FTDownloader\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Adware.FTDownloader\DisplayName Adware.FTDownloader
Restart the PC in the normal mode to check the success of manual removal process. Select the complete system scan from the main interface of your antivirus program.