The Free2you Ads is a malicious application which is categorized as an adware infection. This nasty computer worm always enters in the system secretly, and hides itself deep in the roots of the system files. The purpose if developing as well as distribution of such lethal adware is to provide an advertising platform for the black-hat hackers so that they can drive traffic on the affiliate sites. Once this infection makes its roots in your computer, it has the capability of interrupting your browsing sessions by displaying annoying pop-up ads continuously. It immediately changes your browser settings after arriving in any system, and takes the complete control of your internet related activities. This is a dangerous adware that makes the security of your PC vulnerable, and invite more parasites inside the infected system. Besides above mentioned changes, it is also known as a resource eater, and occupies a large portion of your system resources due to which you will notice a huge slowdown in the speed of your computer.
Removal of Free2you Ads
There are two available ways through which you can remove this nasty adware from your system completely. The automatic method is the most popular as well as easy way to remove this virus through which you can get rid of this infection within just a few clicks of your mouse. Apart from that, the manual removal is also possible that is detailed below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
You have to access the system in the safe mode so that you can implement the instructions of manual removal process. In this regard, you are required to restart the PC, and open the boot options screen by using the F8 key while the system is restarting. Select the Safe Moe option from the boot options choices, and press the Enter key.
End the Malicious Processes
Hold the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together to access the task manager, and hit the processes tab to see a list of processes running in the background. Delete the following malicious processes associated with this adware infection: –
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
You have to remove the malicious files downloaded by this infection in the system files folder. In this regard, following are some of the suspicious data that has to be removed:-
- %Desktopdir%\Free2you Ads.lnk
- %Programs%\Free2you Ads \Free2you Ads.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Remove the corrupt registry entries created by the Free2you Ads in the final step of this process. In this regard, access the registry editor by running the RegEdit command from the Start menu and, eradicate the following associated entries of the Free2you Ads:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Free2you Ads\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Free2you Ads
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Free2you Ads\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Free2you Ads \ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Free2you Ads\DisplayNameFree2you Ads
Once done with the above mentioned steps, you need to reboot the computer in the normal mode so that you can check the result of the manual removal of this adware infection. Run a complete system scan after updating your antivirus tools.