The Fortunitas Ads is a malicious application that enters in the windows based computer as a browser extension or browser helper object. The Fortunitas Ads can infect Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox browsers, and it is classified as an adware infection. This dangerous computer worm is always bundled with free software such as free dictionary, DealFinder, or Language Learning. Once installed, he Fortunitas Ads infection starts tracking your online behavior. Besides that, it also steals your personal details which are then misused to gain illegal financial benefits. This malicious application is used by the hackers to run countless number of commercial ads on the screen of the system. Most of these ads are for the purpose of traffic generation on the low ranked websites. Apart from that, the Fortunitas Ads is also responsible for running the fake pop-up alerts which shows that the system is at high risk. You cannot detect or remove this infection through normal antivirus program as it changes the security settings in the system immediately after settling down in the computer.
Removal of Fortunitas Ads
The first thing you need to do after becoming the victim of the Fortunitas Ads infection is, you have to find a way through which you can get rid of this nasty adware infection quickly. There are manual as well as automatic options available to get rid of this virus; however, you must keep in mind that the manual removal process is hard for the basic level computer users.
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
In order to change the mode from normal to safe you have to restart the computer and hit the F8 key repeatedly while the system is restarted which gives you the access of the boot options menu. Choose the safe mode option from the list, and hit the Enter key.
End the Malicious Processes
You have to hold the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together to open the windows task manager. After accessing the task manager, you have to click on the Processes tab to see a list of processes running inside the system. You have to remove the following processes associated to this nasty adware infection before closing the windows task manager:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].ex
Remove the Associated Data
Following are the files that are required to be removed from the system files folder as soon as possible by using the Delete key:-
- %Desktopdir%\Fortunitas Ads.lnk
- %Programs%\Fortunitas Ads\Fortunitas Ads.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
The last but most important step of the manual removal process is removing the associated entries of the Fortunitas Ads from the windows registry. You have to access the registry editor by executing the Regedit command through Run option available in the start menu. Delete the following suspicious entries associated with the Fortunitas Ads virus:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Fortunitas Ads\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Fortunitas Ads
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Fortunitas Ads\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Fortunitas Ads\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Fortunitas Ads\DisplayName Fortunitas Ads
Reboot the machine this time in the normal mode to see the effect of changes you have made recently, and run a complete system scan after updating the existing antivirus program.
Disclaimer: Altering your windows registry items and other computer files should only be attempted by knowledgeable computer users. Errors in registry items may lead to some technical problems affecting other aspects of your machine. We advise you to attempt all these manual steps at your own risk, or else it is better use the Automatic FORTUNITAS ADS removal Tool.
This is most safe and easy method. Download FORTUNITAS ADS Removal Tool to automatically remove FORTUNITAS ADS and its related files.
If you need any technical assistance in removing the FORTUNITAS ADS,do submit your comments to get clarified.