The Flimkit Exploit Kit is a malicious application that is released recently and infected millions of windows based computers in a short time. This dangerous parasite works as a ransomware infection that immediately locks the computer or some of the features of your computer after entering in the computer. There will be a message displayed on the screen of the infected computer which shows that you violated some of the copyrights or other rules; therefore, your computer is locked, and now you have to pay a certain amount of fine. Once installed, the Flimkit Exploit Kit can destroy your computer completely, and this latest version of this malicious virus also display pop-up ads that are developed in the Adobe Flash. These ads are targeted towards promoting a certain type of unknown products which shows that the hackers are also using this malicious application to promote the affiliate products and make commissions through un-ethical ways.
The Manual Removal of Flimkit Exploit Kit
When you get the Flimkit Exploit Kit infection inside your computer, the main objective becomes the removal of this lethal ransomware Trojan virus. You can remove this deadly dangerous parasite by using any automatic removal tool that can delete this infection within just a few seconds. The manual removal method is also available which is described below:-
Start the System in Safe Mode
Restart the infected system and use the F8 key repeatedly to see the boot options menu where you have to select the safe mode option, and hit the enter key to boot the system in the safe mode.
Kill the Associated Processes
When you have started the system in the safe mode, the next step for you is to kill the malicious processes that are associated with this threat. Just open the windows task manager by using the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and hit the processes tab once the task manager is accessed. Delete the following processes from this list and close the windows task manager:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Files
Once you are done with the processes removal issues, you have to delete the files and folders related to this virus. Open the system files folder, and delete the following associated files of this virus at your earliest:-
- %Desktopdir%\Flimkit Exploit Kit.lnk
- %Programs%\Flimkit Exploit Kit\Flimkit Exploit Kit.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
The manual removal process will be completed when you remove the malicious entries from the windows registry by using the registry editor. The registry editor can be accessed by using the “Regedit.exe” command that can be executed through the start menu. Remove the following associated entries of the Flimkit Exploit Kit:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Flimkit Exploit Kit\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Flimkit Exploit Kit
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Flimkit Exploit Kit\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Flimkit Exploit Kit\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Flimkit Exploit Kit\DisplayName Flimkit Exploit Kit
Restart the system in the normal mode when you close the registry editor to see the effect of recent changes you have made in the machine. Update the antivirus program and run a system scan.