The Findwide.com is a recently discovered computer virus that has infected thousands of windows based computers. The Findwide.com is classified as a browser hijacker that enters in the system while visiting porn website, clicking on the spam email attachment, using corrupt storage devices, and peer to peer sharing of files. Once installed, it starts collecting your personal information, including the browsing activity, and then send the targeted pop-up ads according to your browsing habits to promote low quality products supplied by the unknown suppliers. This malicious application corrupts your default browser settings, and also change the DNS settings in your computer. Besides that, it also creates fake startup keys in the windows registry, and disable the antivirus along with other security tools. There are different components of this dangerous browser hijacker including the browser plugins and other programs. This nasty browser hijacker starts utilizing the whole system resources which results in a huge slowdown in the speed of the computer.
Removal of Findwide.com
After knowing that the system is compromised to the Findwide.com browser hijacker, you have to leave everything, and start removing this virus at your earliest. There are some reliable automatic removal tools available that are easy to use, and recommended for the novice computer users. The manual removal process is also available in this regard, which can be used by the professional users, and consists of the following steps:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
You must boot the system in the safe mode instead of the normal mode to proceed with the manual removal process. In this regard, restart the computer, and open the boot options by striking the F8 key repeatedly. Select the safe mode from the boot options menu, and press the Enter key.
End the Malicious Processes
After accessing the safe mode, you have to kill the associated processes of this threat. You have to open the task manager by using the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys, and select the processes tab under the task manager window to see a list of processes running in the background. Remove the following malicious processes and close the task manager:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].ex
Remove the Associated Data
Following are some of the suspicious files that you need to remove from the system files folder with the help of the Delete key:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
You are required to clean the windows registry in order to complete the manual removal process. In this regard, open the start menu, select the Run option, and write regedit in the box to access the registry editor. Once the registry editor is accessed, you have to remove the following corrupt entries one by one:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Findwide.com\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Findwide.com\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Findwide.com\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Findwide.com\DisplayName Findwide.com
Close the registry editor, before restarting the system in the normal mode to see if the virus is removed successfully or still available.