The Filestore321.com is a dangerous computer infection that is classified as an adware. This malicious application is designed by the cyber crooks to trap the innocent users to get the financial benefits through illegal ways. It secretly invades the system, and immediately changes the browser settings in order to take the control of your browsing. You are unable to open your desired websites, and whenever you try to open a website, you will be redirected towards unwanted places. This nasty adware records your browsing habits, and display the pop-up ads on your screen according to your browsing trends. This infection spreads through the third party downloads, and usually normal antivirus cannot remove such advanced level infections. Once this infection settles down in the system, you will receive annoying pop-up ads on the screen of your computer due to which you are unable to perform your daily routine tasks freely.
Manual Removal of Filestore321.com
After detecting the Filestore321.com virus in your computer, you need to remove it in a way that it never returns back to your computer. You can remove this virus either manually or by using some quality automatic removal tools. The manual removal method of xnwfile.com is only recommended for the advanced level users, and described below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
Reboot the system and hit the F8 key while the system is restarting to access the boot options screen. Once you are able to see the boot options list, you have to select the Safe Mode option by using the arrow key and press the Enter key to access the infected computer in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
Open the task manager by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and choose the Processes tab in the task manager window. You are required to remove the following corrupt processes associated with this malicious application: –
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Following are the files that are required to be removed from the system files folder by using the file explorer and Delete key:-
- %Programs%\ Filestore321.com\Filestore321.com.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
You have to remove the fake and corrupt entries from the windows registry, and in this regard, you have to open the registry editor by clicking on the Start Menu, select Run, and type “regedit”. Once the registry editor is accessed, you have to find and remove the following malicious entries before closing the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ Filestore321.com\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ Filestore321.com
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ Filestore321.com \UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ Filestore321.com \ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ Filestore321.com\DisplayNameFilestore321.com
Reboot the infected computer and see how effectively you have followed the instructions of the manual removal process. After successful removal of adware infection, you must not forget to update the existing antivirus program and run a complete system scan in order to remove any available infections caused by this nasty adware virus.