The Filefire.org Popup is a malicious pop-up virus that sneaks in the computer secretly, and cause severe damage to the system itself and the data also. This tricky virus often invades the computers through spam email campaigns, p2p sharing, removable devices, visiting compromised websites, and freeware downloads. The Filefire.org Popup modifies your windows registry by adding the startup key that makes it able to start automatically. Once installed, this virus hijacks your default browser in order to control your browsing activities. This malicious application also displays a huge number of pop-up ads on the screen of the infected computer due to which you are unable to perform any of your tasks freely. Some of these pop-up ads are about the online surveys, and if you reply to these survey ads, then you will become the victim of keylogger viruses. This malicious infection can also redirect all your online searches towards unknown and compromised websites. This deadly dangerous computer virus opens the backdoor for the additional threats by changing the windows firewall.
The Manual Removal of Filefire.org Popup
Once the system becomes the victim of the Filefire.org Popup , you have to delete this infection completely so that it will not come back. There are some reliable automatic removal tools available through which you can delete this infection within just a few clicks of your mouse. Besides that, the manual removal method is also available that consists of the following steps:-
Start the System in Safe Mode
First of all you need to operate the computer in the safe mode to start the manual removal of the Filefire.org Popup. This can be done by changing the operating mode of your computer to the Safe Mode by using the F8 key repeatedly while the computer is in rebooting process. Once you are able to see the boot options, select the “Safe Mode” and press the enter key.
Kill the Associated Processes
The next step of this complicated process is identifying and remove the associated processes of this virus. Open the windows task manager, by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and select the process tab where you can see a list of running processes. Remove the following associated processes of the Filefire.org Popup virus:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Files
Remove the following suspicious files associated with the Filefire.org Popup infection:-
- %Desktopdir%\Filefire.org Popup.lnk
- %Programs%\Filefire.org Popup\Filefire.org Popup.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
The process will be completed when you remove the malicious additions in the windows registry. Access the registry editor by executing the “RegEdit” through “Run” option available in the “Start Menu”. Once the registry editor window is visible, you have to remove the following suspecious entries, and close the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Filefire.org Popup\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Filefire.org Popup
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Filefire.org Popup\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Filefire.org Popup\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Filefire.org Popup\DisplayName Filefire.org Popup
Reboot the computer in the normal mode and do not forget to run a complete system scan.