The Feven 2.2 popups is a computer worm that belongs to the series of adware infections developed, and distributed recently to gain the access of the computers using the windows operating system. This malicious application records your browsing history, and then dhow you the pop-up ads according to your browsing habits. Often this dangerous adware sneaks in the computer without getting the consent of the user, and perform its harmful activities secretly. After settling down in the computer, it helps hackers to promote affiliate products, generate traffic to the affiliate sites, and make commissions from the pay per click programs. You will notice that the system utilities such as task manager, and registry editor are not functional any more, and the browser settings are overhauled completely by this nasty adware infection. The cyber crooks also use this application as a tool to access the system, steal the personal details, and extract the money from your pockets.
Removal of Feven 2.2 popups
The Feven 2.2 popups is a dangerous adware infection that can cause serious damage to your system. You have to get rid of this adware at your earliest in order to minimize the expected damage. In this regard, there are a number of reliable automatic tools available. The manual removal of this virus is also possible that is described below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
First of all, you have to access the safe mode on your computer. In this regard, terminate the normal mode by restarting the PC, and access the boot options screen by pressing the F8 key repeatedly. Select the safe mode option from the list, and press the Enter key to access the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
After accessing the safe mode, you have to remove the associated processes of this adware. Hold the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and click on the processes tab under the task manager window to delete the following processes associated with the Feven 2.2 popups adware infection:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
After getting rid of the associated processes, you have to remove the associated files of this adware infection. In this regard, you have to remove the following files from the system files folder:-
- %Desktopdir%\Feven 2.2 ads.lnk
- %Programs%\Feven 2.2 ads\Feven 2.2 ads.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
The most important step of this process is, cleaning the windows registry by removing the corrupt entries. In this regard, click on the start menu, select Run option, and type RegEdit to open the registry editor. Remove the following entries with the help of the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Feven 2.2 ads\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Feven 2.2 ads
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Feven 2.2 ads\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Feven 2.2 ads\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Feven 2.2 ads\DisplayName Feven 2.2 ads
Close the registry editor, and reboot the system in the normal mode to see how effectively you have followed the instructions.