The Feven 1.2 is a dangerous computer worm belongs from the adware family of infections that sneaks in the computer secretly. This is a dangerous adware as it possess the keyloggers to steal the valuable personal as well as commercial information. This information is enough for the notorious hackers steal your hard earned money through frauds. The Feven 1.2 can replicate itself quickly, and create its copies on the several locations in the computer. It removes your important system files without your consent, and makes your data files inaccessible. Once installed, it immediately changes your browser settings without your permission, and it can infect all the popular browsers, including Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Internet Explorer. You will also notice that the new icons created on your desktop, and the performance of the system reduced with each passing day. Most of your system utilities become totally inaccessible because of the presence of this adware infection.
Removal of Feven 1.2
The Feven 1.2 adware infection is a serious threat for the overall security of the system, and can be dangerous for your private data. You have to get rid of this adware either by selecting any automatic tool, or by following the instructions of the manual removal process. The steps involved in the manual removal are as under:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
Access the safe mode so that you can start executing the commands of the manual removal process. In this regard, restart the PC, and hit the F8 key repeatedly while the system is restarted, to see the list of boot options. Once the boot options are accessed, strike the Enter key after selecting the safe mode option from the list.
End the Malicious Processes
Once you are able to access the safe mode, open the task manager by pressing the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together. Under the task manager window, you have to click on the processes tab to see a list of processes running in the background of your system. Kill the following suspicious processes one by one by using the End Process button, and close the task manager: –
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Open the system files folder, and remove the following corrupt files associated with the Feven 1.2 adware by using the Delete key:-
- %Desktopdir%\Feven 1.2.lnk
- %Programs%\Feven 1.2\Feven 1.2.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
In the end, you have to get rid of the corrupt entries from the windows registry. Access the registry editor by selecting the Run option from the start menu, and type “regedit”. After accessing the registry editor, you have to eliminate the following associated entries of the Feven 1.2:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Feven 1.2\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Feven 1.2
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Feven 1.2\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Feven 1.2\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Feven 1.2\DisplayName Feven 1.2
Restart the computer in the normal mode to check the availability of the virus, and run a system scan after updating your existing antivirus program.