The fc00.deviantart.net is a recently developed and distributed virus that attacks all the versions of the windows based computers secretly. The hackers developed this nasty infection with a clean intention of access the targeted systems, and make money through illegal ways. This malicious application can access your system, and steal your personal as well as financial details without letting you know. These details are sent to the hackers, and they use this information in the cyber frauds. Once installed, the fc00.deviantart.net directly attacks your default browser by changing the settings such as default search provider, home page, and desktop background. Whenever you try to open any website, you will be redirected towards unknown and unwanted web pages. Most of the times you cannot open applications because the system becomes extremely slow because of the presence of this computer infection.
The Manual Removal of fc00.deviantart.net
Once it becomes clear that your PC is under attack by the fc00.deviantart.net virus, you have to delete this nasty virus at your earliest. There are both manual as well as automatic options available to get rid of this infection. However, you have to keep in mind that removing such stubborn virus manually is not an easy task. The steps involved in the manual removal method are detailed below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
Before proceeding with the manual removal process, you need to boot the PC in the safe mode. Restart the infected machine, and hit the F8 key repeatedly to see the boot options menu. Select the safe mode from the available list, and press the Enter key to boot the computer in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
Open the windows task manager by pressing the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and click on the “Processes” tab in the task manager window where you can see the list of processes running in the background. Remove the following malicious processes associated with the fc00.deviantart.net:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
You must remove the associated data of the fc00.deviantart.net to complete the manual removal process. Open the file explorer, and access the system files folder where you have to find as well as delete the following files with the help of the Delete key:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
The final step of the manual removal process is cleaning the windows registry. Open the start menu, click on the Run option, and write “regedit.exe” in the box before pressing the OK button to open the registry editor. Once the registry editor is accessed, you are required to remove the following corrupt entries:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Fc00.deviantart.net\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Fc00.deviantart.net\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Fc00.deviantart.net\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Fc00.deviantart.net\DisplayName Fc00.deviantart.net
Close the registry editor and restart the system in the normal mode to realize the success of the manual removal process. If the virus is removed successfully, you have to run a complete system scan through any powerful antivirus.