The FBDownloader Search is one of the common browser hijacker these days that have entered into the computers all over the world through the social media websites such as Facebook without the consent of the users. Once installed, it changes all the browser settings in the infected system without getting the permission from the user and take complete control of the browsing activities performed on that computer. This malicious application redirects all the searching efforts of the users towards the home.fbdownloader.com ,start.fbdownloader.com, and other fbdownloader.com web addresses. Besides that, some of the searches also diverted towards affiliate websites in order to trap users and other commercial purposes. The FBDownloader Search can make your system behave weirdly, and you are unable to perform any of your routine tasks as you do not have control over the browsing.
The Manual Removal of FBDownloader Search
Once the presence of the FBDownloader Search is confirmed in your PC, you have no choice left but to remove this browser hijacker completely. If you are experienced enough to remove such computer infections manually you can try to remove this infection through the following instructions of the manual removal method :-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
You cannot remove these advanced level browser hijackers remaining in the normal mode of operation. To terminate the normal mode of your system, you have to reboot the computer and use the F8 key to see the boot options. Select the safe mode option from the list once you are able to see the boot options screen and hit the enter key.
End the Malicious Processes
You have to open the windows task manager by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and select the Processes tab once the task manager is accessed. You have to remove the following malicious processes from the list of the running processes visible in the task manager window:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
You have to open the system files folder in the local drive of your system and remove the following suspicious files:-
- %Desktopdir%\FBDownloader Search Virus.lnk
- %Programs%\FBDownloader Search Virus\FBDownloader Search Virus.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
It is important to clean the windows registry in order to complete the manual removal process. You have to access the registry editor by running the “RegEdit.exe” command through the Start menu. Once the registry editor is visible on the screen, you have to remove the following entries and close the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\FBDownloader Search Virus\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\FBDownloader Search Virus
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\FBDownloader Search Virus\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\FBDownloader Search Virus\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\FBDownloader Search Virus\DisplayName FBDownloader Search Virus
Reboot the system in the normal mode to check the how effectively you are able to remove the virus manually. Run a system scan through the updated version of any reliable antivirus program to remove the infections caused by the FBDownloader Search virus.