The FastAgain PC Booster is a fake application that belongs from the FakeVimes family of viruses. It sneaks in the windows based system secretly, and start infecting the computer with the help of any Trojan horse virus. Once installed on any computer, the FastAgain PC Booster performs fake scans, and show a number of errors on your computer. Keep in mind that this is a fake application and these scans are also fake that are designed to take your money and steal your confidential information. You will be encouraged to buy the paid version of this fake software by saying that this will boost the speed of your computer. Once installed, all your searches redirected towards certain unknown websites, and the normal browsing become impossible for you. The speed of the computer also affected badly, and the system starts behaving weirdly.
The Manual Removal of FastAgain PC Booster
Once it is confirmed that the Fast Again PC Booster sneaked into your system, you have to get rid of this dangerous Trojan horse quickly. You can remove this either by using an automatic removal tool, or by using the manual removal method. The chances of the success of the manual removal method depend on how well you understand the windows registry and other issues. Following are the steps involved in the manual removal of this virus :-
Start the System in Safe Mode
Restart the infected system, and while the system is restarting you have to use the F8 key to reach the boot options menu. From the list of available options, you have to select the safe mode and press enter key.
Kill the Associated Processes
You have to delete the malicious processes created by this dangerous Trojan horse. In this regard, hold Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together to start the task manager window. You have to click on the processes tab in the task manager window and delete following processes:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Files
Once the processes are removed now you can delete the files related to the FastAgain PC Booster. You have to open the file explorer and proceed to system file folder to delete the following files:-
- %Desktopdir%\FastAgain PC Booster.lnk
- %Programs%\FastAgain PC Booster\FastAgain PC Booster.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Windows registry can be modified with the help of registry editor which can be accessed through “RegEdit” command in the “Run” options available in the start menu. Once the registry editor accessed you have to find and delete the following entries :-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\FastAgain PC Booster\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\FastAgain PC Booster
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\FastAgain PC Booster\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\FastAgain PC Booster\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\FastAgain PC Booster\DisplayName FastAgain PC Booster
Once the above mentioned corrupt entries removed, you have to close the registry editor, and restart the computer in the normal mode.