The Fassurun ads is a hazardous computer worm classified as an adware, and enters in the system without any prior notification. Once installed, it can perform a number of illegal activities in the system. The Fassurun ads are used by the hackers to display the fake advertisement that misleads the computer users, and redirect the online searches towards malicious websites whenever the user try to surf on the internet. It has the capability of modifying the browser settings, including the Home page, search provider, and desktop background. Besides that, it also creates fake entries in the windows registry, and modify the DNS settings. This nasty adware also disables some important system utilities like task manager, registry editor, and antivirus program without your consent. There are many arbitrary files included with this virus due to which the speed of the system becomes too slow. The Fassurun ads adware start collecting the email addresses of your contents, and send them spam emails on your name.
Removal of Fassurun ads
The Fassurun ads adware is a serious threat that is required to be removed as soon as you confirm its presence. You can find many reliable automatic removal tools that are recommended for the novice users. Besides these automatic tools, the manual removal process is also available which is only recommended for the experienced users, and consists of the following steps:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
The manual removal process can be started as soon as you boot the system in the safe mode. In this regard, restart the PC, and strike the F8 key repeatedly to access the boot options. Select the safe mode from the boot options menu, and strike the Enter key to boot the system in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
Once you have successfully accessed the safe mode, you need to start the windows task manager by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and select the processes tab under the task manager window to see a list of processes running in the background of your PC. Remove the following associated processes of the Fassurun ads before closing the task manager:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].ex
Remove the Associated Data
You have to get rid of the following associated files of the Fassurun ads adware program from the system files folder:-
- %Desktopdir%\Fassurun ads.lnk
- %Programs%\Fassurun ads\Fassurun ads.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
You have to open the registry editor, and remove the malicious entries from the windows registry. In this regard, open the start menu, select the Run option, and write regedit in the box to access the registry editor. Remove the following corrupt entries before closing the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Fassurun ads\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Fassurun ads
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Fassurun ads\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Fassurun ads\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Fassurun ads\DisplayName Fassurun ads
After completing the above mentioned instructions, restart the machine in the normal mode to see how effectively you are able to remove this virus manually.