The Facebook Token Hijacker is a dangerous application that is classified as a browser hijacker. This malicious application often enters in the system with your Facebook page, and once entered, it performs a number of harmful activities. After settling down in the infected machine, the Facebook Token Hijacker start posting nasty things on your Facebook wall, and changes all the vital settings in your browser. You will notice that your home page as well as desktop background is modified without your permission. The Facebook Token Hijacker not only limit your access to the important system utilities but also stops you from downloading any new applications. You cannot open any of the website that you want to access, and instead of that you will be redirected towards some unknown websites. Besides that, your screen will be flooded with the strange pop-up ads. Some of the cyber criminals use this lethal weapon as a tool to access the most confidential data of the users and steal their money by using that data.
The Manual Removal of Facebook Token Hijacker
After discovering the Facebook Token Hijacker virus in your system you have to remove it without wasting any kind of time. There are some reliable automatic tools available to get rid of this tricky browser hijacker, but you can also remove this virus manually. The manual removal method consists of the following steps:-
Start the System in Safe Mode
Before going through the actual removal of this infection, you have to restart the system, and use the F8 key to access the boot options menu. Once you are able to see the boot options on the screen, you have to select the safe mode.
Kill the Associated Processes
Access the windows task manager by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together and select the processes tab to see the list of running processes within your computer. From that available list of the processes, you have to delete the following suspicious processes before closing the task manager window:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Files
Access the system files folder and delete the following associated files of the Facebook Token Hijacker after locating them:-
- %Desktopdir%\Facebook Token Hijacker.lnk
- %Programs%\Facebook Token Hijacker\Facebook Token Hijacker.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Access the registry editor by using the RegEdit command which can be executed through the Run option of the Start Menu. Once the registry editor is opened, you have to find as well as delete the following corrupt entries that are considered as associated with the Facebook Token Hijacker. After completing the removal of the following entries, you have to close the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Facebook Token Hijacker\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Facebook Token Hijacker
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Facebook Token Hijacker\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Facebook Token Hijacker\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Facebook Token Hijacker\DisplayName Facebook Token Hijacker
Reboot the system once again but this time in the normal mode, and run a complete system scan with the help of your antivirus program.