The fabulouswallpaper.com is a malicious application categorized as a browser hijacker that can infect all the major browsers, including the Mozilla Firefox, Safari, Opera, and Google Chrome. This nasty browser hijacker acts as a redirect virus as it keeps diverting your web searches towards its own domain of fabulouswallpaper.com without your consent. You will notice the commercial advertisement as well as sponsored links appear in your search results; besides that, it also record your search terms to show relevant pop-up ads. The hackers mostly use this virus to generate revenue from advertising, and other black hat SEO techniques. Once this malicious application enters in the system, it will redirect your web surfing sessions towards low ranked websites. The fabulouswallpaper.com immediately modifies the browser settings such as home page, desktop background, and default search provider in order to dictate its terms while surfing on the web.
Removal of fabulouswallpaper.com
The fabulouswallpaper.com is a lethal browser hijacker that can cause severe damage to your system resources as well as create the data privacy issues if not removed in time. You can get rid of this malicious application either using any automatic removal tool or by following the complicated instructions of the manual removal method. The instructions for the manual removal are described below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
You cannot start removing the virus manually as long as the PC is running in the normal mode. It is; therefore, extremely important that you should restart the system in order to terminate the normal mode, and hit the F8 key repeatedly to access the boot options menu from which you can select the safe mode before hitting the Enter key.
End the Malicious Processes
Open the task manager and end the associated processes of the fabulouswallpaper.com. You have to hold the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together to start the windows task manager, and select the Processes tab under this window to kill the following malicious processes associated with this browser hijacker. After completing the removal of these processes, you have to close the task manager:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].ex
Remove the Associated Data
Following are some of the suspicious files that you have to remove from the system files folder along with their folders by using the Delete key:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
You cannot complete the manual removal process without cleaning the windows registry. In this regard, open the registry editor by executing the Regedit command through Run option available in the Start menu. Delete the following associated entries of the fabulouswallpaper.com with the help of the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\fabulouswallpaper.com\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\fabulouswallpaper.com\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\fabulouswallpaper.com\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\fabulouswallpaper.com\DisplayName fabulouswallpaper.com
Close the registry editor, and restart the system in the normal mode to see how effectively you have followed the manual removal instructions. Update the existing antivirus program, and run a complete system scan.