The FabulousPrice is a nasty computer infection that is classified as an adware virus designed and distributed to destroy the windows based computers. The FabulousPrice spreads through the freeware downloads, junk mail attachments, unsafe browsing, and suspicious links. This type of adware infection often hits the system when you surf on the shopping websites such as Amazon, and Ebay. Once installed, it starts showing you the coupon deals, and discount offers regarding online shopping in order to catch your attention.This malicious application is capable of recording your online activities, and sensitive financial details including payment preferences, credit card numbers, and email passwords. It corrupts your default browsers including Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, and Internet Explorer. It is designed to infect the windows operating system, and it is capable of attacking all the versions of windows operating system including Windows 98, XP, Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8. It can easily bypass your antivirus as well as other security tools.
Removal of FabulousPrice
Once it is confirmed that you become the victim of the FabulousPrice adware, you have to find an effective way through which you can remove this infection quickly as well as effectively. The automatic tools are available in this regard that are extremely convenient to use. Besides that, the manual removal is also possible, but only recommended for the experienced users, and consists of the following instructions:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
Convert the mode of operation of your computer from normal to safe in order to execute the manual removal process instructions. Restart the computer, and get the access of the boot options menu by hitting the F8 key repeatedly. Select the safe mode option from the list and press the Enter key to boot the computer in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
Access the windows task manager by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together and click on the Processes tab under the task manager window where you can see a list of processes running in the background of the system. Delete the following corrupt processes with the help of the “End Process” button:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].ex
Remove the Associated Data
Access the system files folder, and get rid of the following suspicious files associated with the FabulousPrice by using the Delete key:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
You have to access the registry editor by selecting the start menu, click the Run option, and write RegEdit in the box before pressing the OK button. Delete the following associated entries of the FabulousPrice by using the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\FabulousPrice\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\FabulousPrice\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\FabulousPrice\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\FabulousPrice\DisplayName FabulousPrice
Close the registry editor, and reboot the system in the normal mode to check the effectiveness of your efforts. Update the existing antivirus program, and run a complete system scan to remove any infections caused by this virus.