The ExstraCoupon is another variation of recently developed adware infections that are specifically designed as well as developed by the cyber crooks to attack the windows based computers. Once installed, this malicious application records your browsing patterns, and access the private details such as credit card numbers, names, emails, passwords, and bank account credentials. All such details are then transferred to the developers of this virus who use it in the online financial scams to steal your hard earned money. You will notice that the performance of the system is degrading with every passing day, and the speed is also affected negatively. The ExstraCoupon often installs automatically without any manual interface of the user, and it blocks your access towards important system utilities such as task manager, antivirus, and registry editor. You cannot detect this lethal adware through your antivirus as it developed with advanced level techniques. Once installed, this nasty adware creates its extensions on all the major browsers, including the Firefox, Safari, and Chrome.
Removal of ExstraCoupon
The ExstraCoupon is considered as a lethal weapon for the hackers who use this malicious application to harm your PC and achieve their ill motives. You are required to get rid of this nasty infection either by following the manual removal instructions, or with the help of the any reliable automatic tool. The instructions for the manual removal are detailed below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
Open the infected computer in the safe mode so that you can proceed to the manual removal process. In this regard, restart the computer, and strike the F8 key repeatedly while the system is restarted to access the boot options menu. Once the boot options are visible on the screen, you have to select the safe mode option, and hit the Enter key.
End the Malicious Processes
Press the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together to open the windows task manager. Once the task manager is accessed, you have to click on the Processes tab. Here you have to get rid of the following processes considered as associated with the ExstraCoupon adware infection by using the End Process button, and close the task manager:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].ex
Remove the Associated Data
Once done with the Processes issue, you have to remove the following malicious files from the system files folder:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
The process will be completed once you clean the windows registry by removing the suspicious entries. In this regard, you must access the registry editor by executing the Regedit command through Run option available in the Start menu. You have to remove the following suspicious entries with the help of the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ExstraCoupon\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ExstraCoupon\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ExstraCoupon\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ExstraCoupon\DisplayName ExstraCoupon
Restart the infected system in the normal mode to check the adware is removed successfully or still available, and do not forget to run a complete system scan after updating your antivirus.