The Exploit:Win32/CplLnk.A is one of the most lethal parasite of recent times that not only makes your computer extremely slow, but, once installed, this malicious application can destroy your computer completely. The Exploit:Win32/CplLnk.A is developed by the notorious online hackers to steal the confidential data of the users of windows based computers that will be used for the fraudulent purposes to steal the money. In this complicated parasite you will get password stealers, backdoor infections, and keyloggers all together. Once installed, it immediately changes the important settings of your computer, and disable your security tools including the antivirus software. You will experience the regular crashes, and freezes once this dangerous parasite installed on your system. This virus can affect your system in three different ways that includes loss of data, damage of system resources, and confidential data theft. Besides that, this malicious parasite can change the settings of your browser, and redirect all your searches towards certain unknown websites.
The Manual Removal of Exploit:Win32/CplLnk.A
Once the Exploit:Win32/CplLnk.A installed on your system you need to remove this virus at your earliest. You can delete this application by using the automatic removal tool. However, if you want, you can also use the manual removal method to get rid of this complicated virus. The manual removal is only recommended for the experienced computer users. Following are the instructions for the manual removal of this infection:-
Start the System in Safe Mode
Before going through the manual removal process you need to operate your system in the safe mode. In this regard, you have to reboot the computer, and use F8 key to see the boot options. You have to select the safe mode option and hit the enter key to boot your computer in the safe mode instead of the normal mode.
Kill the Associated Processes
The next step of this process is the removal of the malicious process created by this infection. You have to click the process tab in the task manager window which can be started by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together. Under the process tab, you have to delete the following processes:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Files
You have to delete the following suspicious files from the system files folder by using the file explorer and delete key:-
- %Desktopdir%\Exploit:Win32/CplLnk.A .lnk
- %Programs%\Exploit:Win32/CplLnk.A \Exploit:Win32/CplLnk.A .lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
In the end, you have to remove the malicious entries created by this virus in the windows registry. You have to access the registry editor by executing the regedit command through start menu, and delete the following suspicious entries quickly:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Exploit:Win32/CplLnk.A \DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Exploit:Win32/CplLnk.A \UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Exploit:Win32/CplLnk.A \ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Exploit:Win32/CplLnk.A \DisplayName Exploit:Win32/CplLnk.A
Once you have removed the above entries, you should close the registry editor, and restart the system to see the result of the above mentioned efforts to remove this virus manually. You also have to run a complete system scan on your computer.
Disclaimer: Altering your windows registry items and other computer files should only be attempted by knowledgeable computer users. Errors in registry items may lead to some technical problems affecting other aspects of your machine. We advise you to attempt all these manual steps at your own risk, or else it is better use the Automatic Exploit:Win32/CplLnk.A removal Tool.
This is most safe and easy method. Download Exploit:Win32/CplLnk.A Removal Tool to automatically remove Exploit:Win32/CplLnk.A.
If you need any technical assistance in removing the Exploit:Win32/CplLnk.A,do submit your comments to get clarified.