The Exploit:JS/Cooexp.A is a malicious application categorized as a Trojan infection. This dangerous virus spreads through the compromised and hijacked web pages. Often this deadly dangerous Trojan sneaks in the computer without prior consent of the user. This malicious application is capable of opening the network ports to invite additional malware, and open the backdoor for the other infections. Like any other Trojan infection the core objective of this malware is to connect the infected machine to the remote server, and steal the confidential information of the user including the credit card details, browsing history, emails, passwords, and shopping preferences. This information then transferred to the remote hackers who then use it for the cyber crimes and online frauds. Once installed, the Exploit:JS/Cooexp.A has the ability to capture most of the resources installed on your system, and you will face regular freezes, crashes, and the computer becomes extremely slow. This malicious Trojan redirects all your searches towards desired websites, and every time you try to search anything, you will end up at the home page of this fake website.
The Manual Removal of Exploit:JS/Cooexp.A
Once the system is infected by the Exploit:JS/Cooexp.A, you have to remove this Trojan horse quickly. There are two methods of removing this virus, either by using any reliable automatic removal tool, or by following the complicated steps of the manual removal method is only recommended for the advance level users as it is extremely complicated. The manual removal consists of the following steps:-
Start Your Computer in the Safe Mode
You have to reboot the computer to terminate the normal mode, and select safe mode option from the boot option menu which can be accessed by pressing the F8 key while the system is restarting.
Delete the Processes through Windows Task Manager
Once the computer starts working in the safe mode you have to end the malicious processes that are associated with this Trojan horse. In this regard, you have to open the windows task manager by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together. Once the task manager window is visible, click on the processes tab and end the following processes from the list:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Data
Next step is to delete the associated files of the Exploit: JS/Cooexp.A by using the Delete key after finding the following files through file explorer. Most of these files are hidden in the system files folder:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
You have to open the registry editor, by clicking on the Start menu, select “Run” option, and type Regedit in the box. You have to find and delete the following corrupt entries from the windows registry:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Exploit:JS/Cooexp.A\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Exploit:JS/Cooexp.A\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Exploit:JS/Cooexp.A\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Exploit:JS/Cooexp.A\DisplayName Exploit:JS/Cooexp.A
After removing the malicious registry entries, you have to close the registry editor, and restart the computer in the normal mode to check the success of the manual removal process.