The Exploit:JS/Colkit.A is a malicious application which is actually designed to steal the personal as well as financial information of the users. This dangerous parasite spread all over the world, and infected millions of the users in the different countries. After stealing your confidential information, it has the ability to send it to the hackers who use this information to make financial gains. This malicious application is designed intelligently which makes it hard to remove as it hides itself deep in the system file folders, and it keeps changing its location as well as names. This infection installed on the computer when the user selects unsafe browsing, download freeware, open an email attachment, or through other computers connected on the same network. It has the ability to disable all your security tools including the antivirus program which makes your system vulnerable for other similar threats. Besides keeping your computer at risk, this malicious application has the ability to destroy important system files, and your precious data. Once you are able to detect this dangerous parasite in your PC, you have to remove it at the earliest.
Manual Removal Process of Exploit:JS/Colkit.A
In order to remove the Exploit:JS/Colkit.A manually you have to keep in mind that the manual removal method is not only complicated but consists of several steps. The success of manual removal process depends on your knowledge about removing similar threats. You have to complete the below mentioned steps to remove this malicious application manually:-
Start the Computer in Safe Mode
In order to delete the files, folders, process, and registry entries you have to boot your computer in safe mode instead of the normal mode. In this regard, you have to simply restart the computer, and use F8 key to see the boot options where you have to select the safe mode.
Delete the Malicious Processes
When your computer is rebooted in the safe mode, you have to hold Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together to start the windows task manager. Once the task manager started, you have to click on the processes tab, and kill the following associated processes:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Files and Folders
Once the processes thing is done, you have to remove the following files and folders associated with this threat:-
Delete Registry Entries
In order to complete the manual removal process you have to clean the windows registry as this malicious parasite has created a number of corrupt registry entries. You need to open the registry editor by using the Run option available in the start menu, and navigate towards following entries to delete them when the registry editor is started:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Exploit:JS/Colkit.A\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Exploit:JS/Colkit.A\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Exploit:JS/Colkit.A\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Exploit:JS/Colkit.A\DisplayName Exploit:JS/Colkit.A
When you are done with the registry entries, just close the registry editor, and start the computer in the normal mode to see the effect of the changes you have made.