Once installed on any windows based computer, the Exploit:Java/CVE-2013-1493 changes all the vital settings of your computer, and block your access to the antivirus program already installed on your system as well as other security tools. You will face frequent crashes once this viorus enters in the system, and the overall performance of your computer also degrades because of this infection. Often you will see a blue screen suddenly while performing any important task which is not only annoying, but also destroy your work. This malicious application is capable of redirecting your browser towards phishing websites, and you cannot browse freely. Sometimes you are unable to access or connect the internet because of this virus. The hackers use this malicious program as a tool to steal the confidential data of the user from the system and use that data to make money illegally.
The Manual Removal of Exploit:Java/CVE-2013-1493
After you become the victim of the Exploit:Java/CVE-2013-1493, you have to think about an effective and easy way to delete this infection completely from your computer. If you are an IT professional or expert level users, you would prefer to delete this virus manually, but for the novice users there are some automatic removal tools available. Following are the detailed instructions to remove this virus manually:-
Start the System in Safe Mode
First of all, you are required to restart the system in order to get the access of the boot options menu. Once you are able to see the boot options on the screen, you have to choose the safe mode, and hit the enter key to restart the system in the safe mode.
Kill the Associated Processes
You have to remove the following suspicious processes created by this stubborn infection that. You can find these processes under the processes tab in the windows task manager that can be accessed by using the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together. You have to remove these processes from the list:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Files
The next step is removal of the associated files along with the folders of this infection. In this regard, following are the files that you need to remove quickly:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Clean the windows registry by removing the malicious entries created by this stubborn virus. To clean the windows registry you have to access the registry editor by using the “Regedit” command by using the “Run” option available in the start menu. Once the registry editor is accessed, you have to remove the following suspicious entries from the list:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\HEUR:Exploit.Java.CVE-2013-1493.a\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\HEUR:Exploit.Java.CVE-2013-1493.a\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\HEUR:Exploit.Java.CVE-2013-1493.a\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\HEUR:Exploit.Java.CVE-2013-1493.a\DisplayName HEUR:Exploit.Java.CVE-2013-1493.a
Once these entries removed successfully you have to close the registry editor before restarting the system in the normal mode.