The Exploit : Java/Toniper is just another variation of fake applications that present itself as a legitimate software, but in reality it is nothing more than a malware. The purpose of developing such dangerous application is to steal the confidential data of the users that includes bank account credentials, emails, passwords, and credit card details. Once installed on any computer, the Exploit : Java/Toniper performs a number of unwanted activities without the knowledge of the user, and eat most of the resources installed on the computer. Besides other malicious activities, this dangerous program also disables the antivirus program installed on the infected machine due to which the backdoor for additional malware opens. It is hard to detect such virus initially as it present itself as a useful program, and once you choose to run the files on your computer, it will make your system completely useless.
The Manual Removal of Exploit : Java/Toniper
Once this malicious virus enters in your computer, you need to get rid of this virus at your earliest. You can delete the Exploit : Java/Toniper either by using any reliable automatic removal tool, or by using the manual removal method. The manual removal method is possible yet complicated and only recommended for the advanced level computer users and professionals. Following are the steps of the manual removal method.
Start Your Computer in the Safe Mode
The first step of the manual removal method is to terminate the normal mode of operation by restarting the computer. When the computer is in restarts process use F8 key to reach the boot options from where you have to select the safe mode option.
Delete the Processes through Windows Task Manager
Once the system starts working in the safe mode, you have to delete the malicious processes created by the Exploit : Java/Toniper. Hold the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together to access the windows task manager. Once the task manager is accessed, click on the processes tab and from the list of processes running in the background kill the following processes:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Data
The next step of this process is the removal of the associated data. In this regard open the file explorer and in the system files folder find as well as delete the following files :-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
To clean the windows registry, you have to remove the corrupt entries with the help of the registry editor. You have to find as well as delete the following entries from the registry to complete the manual removal process:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Exploit:Java/Toniper\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Exploit:Java/Toniper\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Exploit:Java/Toniper\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Exploit:Java/Toniper\DisplayName Exploit:Java/Toniper
Close down the registry editor window and restart your computer in the normal mode to see the effectiveness of the changes you have just made. Run the complete system scan after updating the current antivirus software.