The ESafely virus is a malicious application discovered recently, and infected many of the windows based systems in the different parts of the world. The ESafely virus is categorized as a browser hijacker that is designed by the hackers to collect the browsing history as well as search queries, and use this information to redirect the users towards phishing websites. Once entered in the system secretly, it changes the browser settings, and start diverting your searches towards unknown places. The ESafely virus can sneaks in the system while downloading spam email attachments, freeware downloads, visiting gambling or porn sites, and p2p sharing of files. This malicious application is used by the cyber crooks to display targeted pop-up ads according to your browsing habits after recording your browsing preferences. Besides that, it also degrades the performance of the system, and the speed of browsing affected badly.
Removal of eSafely Virus
The ESafely virus is a dangerous browser hijacker that can make your system completely useless if not removed in time. There are a number of automatic tools available in this regard through which you can delete this infection within a few minutes. Besides that, this malicious application can be removed manually too by following the instructions mentioned below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
Before going through the instructions of the manual removal process it is mandatory to start the system in the safe mode. You have to restart the system, and press the F8 key repeatedly while the system is restarted to open the boot options menu. After accessing the boot options, select the Safe Mode option before pressing the Enter key to access the safe mode on the computer.
End the Malicious Processes
You have to access the windows task manager by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and once you saw the task manager window, click on the processes tab to find the suspicious processes associated with this nasty browser hijacker. Kill the following corrupt processes associated with the ESafely virus before closing the task manager:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
After completing the processes issue, you have to get rid of the following associated files of the ESafely virus:-
- %Desktopdir%\ ESafely virus.lnk
- %Programs%\ ESafely virus\ ESafely virus.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
In the end, you need to reverse the modifications made by this infection in the registry section of your windows operating system. Execute the RegEdit command through the Run option of Start Menu to access the registry editor. Remove the following entries associated with the ESafely virus from the windows registry:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ ESafely virus\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ ESafely virus
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ ESafely virus\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ ESafely virus\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ ESafely virus\DisplayName ESafely virus
Once all of the above mentioned steps complete, you need to check the success or the failure of the manual removal efforts by restarting the system in the normal mode.