The Entrusted Virus is one of the deadly dangerous computer viruses that are discovered recently and enters in the windows based computers without the consent of the users. This malicious application changes the usual system settings on the targeted PC and install a number of new toolbars without getting the permission from the users. Once installed, the Entrusted Virus redirects most of your searching efforts towards unwanted websites. Besides that, when you try to open any shopping website or online store, you will see a discounted coupon through a pop-up ad which is actually a trap to take your money and steal your personal information. The main issue that you can face with this virus is the privacy of your sensitive data, but it also causes slowdowns, system crashes, and freezes as it eats a large portion of your system resources.
The Manual Removal of Entrusted Virus
Once this infection founds on your system, you have to find an effective way of getting rid of this infection completely. You have to choose you want to delete the Entrusted Virus manually or with the help of a reliable automatic removal tool. The instructions for removing this virus manually are mentioned below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
You have to reboot the system in the safe mode before starting the actual removal process of the Entrusted Virus. In this regard, you are required to restart the infected computer and use the F8 key to see the boot options. Select the safe mode option and press the Enter key to boot the computer in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
Once the system starts working in the safe mode, you have to get rid of the associated processes of the Entrusted Virus. In this regard, you have to hold the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys to access the windows task manager, and press the Processes tab to see the list of processes. You are required to remove the following malicious processes that are considered as the associated with the Entrusted Virus:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Open the system files folder and remove the following suspicious files from there that are considered as the associated files of the Entrusted Virus:-
- %Desktopdir%\Entrusted virus.lnk
- %Programs%\Entrusted virus\Entrusted virus.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
In order to complete this complicated process of the manual removal of the Entrusted Virus you have to clean the windows registry with the help of the registry editor. The registry editor can be accessed through the RegEdit command that can be executed through the Run option available in the Start Menu:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Entrusted virus\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Entrusted virus
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Entrusted virus\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Entrusted virus\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Entrusted virus\DisplayName Entrusted virus
Close the registry editor and reboot the computer again in the normal mode to see the process of manual removal of the Entrusted Virus is successful or otherwise.