The EnhanceTronic is recently discovered adware infection that installs on the system without your consent and perform its activities behind the curtains without letting you know anything. Once installed, it opens the backdoor and secretly connects the infected computer to a remote server managed by the hackers. These hackers then try to access your highly confidential personal details such as bank account credentials, credit card detail, passwords, emails, and browsing history. This valuable information is then used by these cyber criminals to steal your money. Once installed, the EnhanceTronic modifies your default browser settings completely from your default search engine to the desktop background. Due to these undesirable changes you cannot access some of the websites, and your system starts behaving strangely. Most of the applications cannot be accessed because the speed of the system becomes too slow. Apart from that, this malicious application deletes all the data stored on the hard drive.
Removal of EnhanceTronic
When your system shows the symptoms of the EnhanceTronic infection, you need to confirm the availability of this nasty adware program. There are some powerful and reliable automatic tools available to get rid of this adware program. Besides that, the manual removal process is also available that is only recommended to the advanced level users. The steps involved in the manual removal are described below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
You have to boot the system in safe mode as some of the utilities cannot be accessed by remaining in the normal mode. Restart the infected machine to terminate the normal mode, and strike the F8 key repeatedly to see the boot options menu. After accessing the boot options, move the arrow key to select the safe mode, and strike the Enter key to boot the system in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
Hold Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together to open the task manager, and click on the processes tab in the task manager window. Delete the following processes associated with the EnhanceTronic before closing the task manager window:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].ex
Remove the Associated Data
After getting over with the processes issue successfully, you have to remove the following associated files of the EnhanceTronic by using the Delete key:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
You have to remove the registry entries created by the EnhanceTronic in the windows registry. In this regard, you have to open the registry editor by executing the Regedit command through Run option of the start menu. Once the registry editor is accessed, remove the following associated entries of this nasty adware infection before closing the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\EnhanceTronic\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\EnhanceTronic\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\EnhanceTronic\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\EnhanceTronic\DisplayName EnhanceTronic
Once all of the above mentioned instructions are completed, you have to access the PC in the normal mode by restarting it. Do not forget to run a complete scan on the system through the updated version of your current antivirus.