The Enhanced Results Ads is recently developed computer infection that has infected thousands of windows based computers recently. This hazardous computer virus is classified as an adware infection that can be extremely annoying if not addressed in time. This nasty adware can infect browsers like Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, and Internet Explorer. The Enhanced Results Ads attacks the system secretly while downloading freeware, using infected removable storage devices, unsafe browsing, and junk mail attachments. You cannot surf on the web freely as long as this virus remains in the system because, it always show pop-up messages in the bulk quantity. It is capable of stealing your confidential details including the financial information, browsing history, and the passwords. This malicious application can easily bypass the antivirus and additional security tools, and replicate itself very quickly.
Removal of Enhanced Results Ads
The Enhanced Results Ads is a lethal adware infection that can be extremely harmful for the security of your system, and required to be removed as quickly as possible. There are a number of automatic tools available in this regard. Besides that, the manual removal process is also available that consists of the following steps:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
Before going through the instructions of the manual removal process it is mandatory to start the system in the safe mode. You have to restart the system, and press the F8 key repeatedly while the system is restarted to open the boot options menu. After accessing the boot options, select the Safe Mode option before pressing the Enter key to access the safe mode on the computer.
End the Malicious Processes
Open the windows task manager by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and clicks on the processes tab under the task manager window to see the list of processes running in the background of your PC. Kill the following suspicious processes associated with the Enhanced Results Ads infection without wasting a single minute:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Open the system files folder and get rid of the following malicious files with the help of the Delete key:-
- %Desktopdir%\ Enhanced Results Ads.lnk
- %Programs%\ Enhanced Results Ads\ Enhanced Results Ads.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
In the end, you need to reverse the modifications made by this infection in the registry section of your windows operating system. Execute the RegEdit command through the Run option of Start Menu to access the registry editor. Remove the following entries associated with the Enhanced Results Ads from the windows registry:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ Enhanced Results Ads\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ Enhanced Results Ads
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ Enhanced Results Ads\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ Enhanced Results Ads\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ Enhanced Results Ads\DisplayName Enhanced Results Ads
Close the registry editor after completing the above mentioned steps, and reboot the machine in the normal mode. Run a complete system scan from the main interface of your antivirus program.