The Em.appliedfile.com is a malicious application that is classified as an adware program. Em.appliedfile.com is a type of dangerous application that can easily infect your default browser, and take complete control of your online activities. This nasty adware often attacked the computers when the user tries to download some useful software from the un-authenticated sources. It has the capability of changing the security settings within your computer, and invite additional malware programs. Once installed, it will show numerous unwanted ads on the screen of your system whenever you try to surf on the web. You will also notice the redirections towards un-wanted and potentially harmful websites. This is an extremely dangerous adware program that is developed with the advanced technology, and the purpose of developing such lethal tool is to steal the money of the innocent users through scams.
Manual Removal of Em.appliedfile.com
After getting infected from the Em.appliedfile.com adware program, you must remove this malicious application as soon as possible. There are some quality automatic removal tools available in this regard. Besides that, you can also remove this virus manually, but it is only recommended for the expert level users. The manual removal consists of the following steps:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
Before going through the complicated steps of the manual removal process, you must restart the syste in the safe mode. In this regard, reboot the system, and hit the F8 key continuously while the system is restarted to see the boot options on the screen. Select the Safe Mode option from the list, and press the Enter key to access the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
You need to open the windows task manager by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together. Once the task manager window appeared on the screen, select the Processes tab, and remove the following corrupt processes associated with this infection from the list: –
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
You have to remove the following associated files of the Em.appliedfile.com by using the file explorer through the Delete key:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
It is important to clean the windows registry by removing the malicious additions performed by this virus in the registry section of your operating system, you have to open the registry editor by clicking on the Start menu, select the “Run” command, and write “RegEdit” in the box. Find and delete the following associated registry entries of this adware infection once the registry editor is accessed:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Em.appliedfile.com\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Em.appliedfile.com \UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Em.appliedfile.com \ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Em.appliedfile.com \DisplayNameEm.appliedfile.com
Restart the PC in the normal mode after closing the registry editor, and check the effectiveness of this manual removal process. You also need to run a complete system scan on the PC after updating the existing antivirus program in order to avoid any future infections.