The Efc.pkgmirror.net Program is a dangerous computer application that us categorized as a browser hijacker that attacks the windows based computers secretly. Once installed, the Efc.pkgmirror.net Program immediately changes the browser settings on your computer to take the complete control of your online activities. After altering the system configuration this malicious application redirects all your searches towards unwanted websites. There are various ways through which the hackers distribute this application such as corrupt external removable devices, spam email attachments, unsafe browsing, and p2p sharing of files. It can remove important system files, and modify the system security settings. The cyber crooks use this virus as a tool to collect the most confidential details of the selected users, and send this information to the developers of this virus. Besides that, the overall performance of the system degrades along with the speed of the computer.
The Manual Removal of Efc.pkgmirror.net Program
Once it is confirmed that the Efc.pkgmirror.net Program infection invades your computer, and creating trouble, you have to take steps to delete this virus as quickly as possible to minimize the damage. You can use automatic removal tools to get rid of this adware; however, the manual removal method is also available in this regard which is detailed below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
Before proceeding with the manual removal process it is mandatory that you boot the system in the safe mode. You have to access the boot options menu with the help of the F8 key that you have to use while the system is restarted. Select the safe mode option from the list before hitting the Enter key to start the system in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
Once the infected computer booted in the safe mode, it is possible for you to start the manual removal process. In this regard, you have to access the task manager by pressing the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together. In the task manager window you have to select the Processes tab to remove the following malicious processes associated with the Efc.pkgmirror.net Program:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Open the file explorer, proceed with the system files folder, and remove the following associated files of the Efc.pkgmirror.net Program infection:-
- %Desktopdir%\Efc.pkgmirror.net pop-up ads.lnk
- %Programs%\Efc.pkgmirror.net pop-up ads\Efc.pkgmirror.net pop-up ads.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Open the start menu, and select Run option to execute the “regedit.exe” command to access the registry editor. Once the registry editor is accessed, you have to find and remove the following corrupt entries from the windows registry. Close the registry editor once you have removed all of these entries:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Efc.pkgmirror.net pop-up ads\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Efc.pkgmirror.net pop-up ads
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Efc.pkgmirror.net pop-up ads\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Efc.pkgmirror.net pop-up ads\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Efc.pkgmirror.net pop-up ads\DisplayName Efc.pkgmirror.net pop-up ads
Boot the system in the normal mode to see how effectively you have followed the manual removal instructions.