The EazyZoom is a nasty computer worm which belongs to famous Trojan horse family of infections, and used by the hackers as a browser hijacker. The EazyZoom is considered as a lethal weapon for the international hackers through which they try to access the windows based computers all over the world, and steal the precious information stored on the system. Once installed, this Trojan virus takes control of your browsing activity, and all your searches will be automatically redirected towards low ranked affiliate sites. This malicious application modifies your default search provider, and show manipulated search results on the screen whenever you try to search anything on the web. It denies your access to many of the important system utilities including antivirus, task manager, and registry editor. The system acts super slow in the presence of the EazyZoom, and many of your programs become unresponsive due to which it becomes impossible to perform routine tasks on the infected machine.
Removal of EazyZoom
As soon as you are able to know that the EazyZoom invades your system, your primary objective should be how to remove this Trojan infection. You can achieve this goal with the help of any reliable automatic tool that are easy to use, and gives you fast results. Apart from that, you can also remove this infection manually, but this method is only recommended for the experts, and consists of the following steps:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
You are required to boot the infected machine in the safe mode. In this regard, restart the PC, and strike the F8 key repeatedly while the computer is restarted to see the list of boot options on the screen. Once the boot options are accessed, select the Safe Mode, and strike the Enter key to boot the system in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
Once the system is accessed in the safe mode, you have to get rid of the associated processes of this infection. In this regard, access the windows task manager by pressing the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and select the Processes tab under the task manager window. End the following processes associated with the EazyZoom: –
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Access the system files folder, and quickly remove the following suspicious files associated with the EazyZoom:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
In the end, you have to remove the corrupt entries from the windows registry to complete the manual removal process. In this regard, click on the start menu, select Run, and type Regedit to access the registry editor. Remove the following associated entries of the EazyZoom:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\EazyZoom\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\EazyZoom\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\EazyZoom\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\EazyZoom\DisplayName EazyZoom
Close the registry editor, and access the computer in the normal mode to check the success of the manual removal process. Run a complete system scan through your current antivirus application.