The eazel.com is an irritating redirect virus that often sneaks in the computers without getting the permission of the user. The eazel.com is designed just like a legitimate search engine and the main interface of this infection is like Google and Yahoo. Once installed, the eazel.com keep redirecting you towards malevolent web pages for commercial purposes. This malicious application tracks your online movement, steal the personal information, run targeted pop-up ads, modify the home page, alter the windows registry, and changes your default search engine to eazel.com. You will get this dangerous infection when you visit a compromised website, open spam email attachment, download freeware from an unknown source, and use the corrupt external storage device. This nasty redirect virus disable most of your system tools including the registry editor, and task manager. You cannot detect this virus through a normal antivirus program as it disables all the security tools as soon as it arrive in the system, and modify the windows firewall.
Removal of eazel.com
You cannot avoid this infection after discovering it on your system because this is a deadly dangerous infection. You can remove the eazel.com by using any reliable and powerful automatic removal tool that is easily available. However, the manual removal process is also available in this regard which consists of the following set of instructions:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
You can start the manual removal of the once you are able to boot the system in the safe mode. Restart the system and hit the F8 key repeatedly to see the boot options menu. Once the boot options are visible on the screen of your system, select the safe mode before hitting the Enter key.
End the Malicious Processes
Once you are able to access the safe mode operation, you can start the windows task manager by remaining in the safe mode. Hold the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys, to access the task manager, and select the processes tab to delete the following suspicious processes associated with the eazel.com by using the “End Process” button before closing the task manager window:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].ex
Remove the Associated Data
In the next step of manual removal process, you have to get rid of the associated files of this redirect virus. Following are the files that you have to remove along with their folders:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
The process will be completed when you remove the corrupt entries from the windows registry. In this regard, open the start menu, select the Run option, and write Regedit before pressing the OK button to access the registry editor. Once the registry editor is accessed, remove the following malicious entries:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\eazel.com\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\eazel.com\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\eazel.com\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\eazel.com\DisplayName eazel.com
Reboot the PC in the normal mode after closing the registry editor, and update the existing antivirus program to run a complete system scan.