The EasyFlashUpgrade.net pop-up is a malicious program that is designed by the hackers to attack the windows based computers and gain the monetary benefits. The hackers spread this nasty infection by using the free software download, spam email attachments and social engineering. This is an advertising platform that presents itself like a useful application that helps you in finding the discounted deals on a number of online shopping sites. In reality, the EasyFlashUpgrade.net pop-up is nothing more than an adware infection that is wisely designed to trap the innocent users, and steal their hard earned money. Once this infection enters in the system, it performs a set of harmful activities within the system. It modifies the homepage, default search engine and desktop background without your permission, and alters the windows firewall. You are unable to download any new program in the presence of this infection, and the speed of your browsing reduced notably.
Removal of EasyFlashUpgrade.net pop-up
It is unavoidable to boot the system in the safe mode before preceding any of the manual removal steps. There is manual, as well as automatic removal method available, and you have to select a method according to your level of expertise. The automatic method is recommended for the basic and average computer users. The instructions for the manual removal procedure are as under:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
First thing you need to do is, access the infected machine in the safe mode before starting the manual removal procedure. Restart the system, and use the F8 key while restarting to open the boot options screen. Select the safe mode before pressing the Enter key in order to start the machine in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
You have to proceed to the first step of this process in which you are required to remove the associated processes of this malicious adware infection. Open the task manager with the help of the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys and remove the following suspicious processes associated with the EasyFlashUpgrade.net pop-up:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Following are some of the suspicious files that are hidden in the system files folder, and you have to remove these files by using the Delete key:-
- %Desktopdir%\EasyFlashUpgrade.net pop-up.lnk
- %Programs%\EasyFlashUpgrade.net pop-up\EasyFlashUpgrade.net pop-up.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
In the end, you remove the fake entries created by this infection in the windows registry. In this regard, open the registry editor by running the “regedit” command through the Start Menu. Remove the following corrupt entries from the windows registry, and close the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\EasyFlashUpgrade.net pop-up\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\EasyFlashUpgrade.net pop-up
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\EasyFlashUpgrade.net pop-up\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\EasyFlashUpgrade.net pop-up\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\EasyFlashUpgrade.net pop-up\DisplayNameEasyFlashUpgrade.net pop-up
Restart the system in the normal mode to see how effectively you have followed instructions, and if the virus is still available in the system, repeat the same process again. After successful removal of this adware infection, you have to run a complete system scan.