The Dynamic updater is a lethal computer infection designed to corrupt the windows based systems without giving any prior clue to the user. The main purpose of developing this malicious application is to change the default settings in the targeted system and make forced changes. The cyber criminals use this virus as a tool to control the targeted computers and connect it with a remote server. The hackers can access to the system anytime they want and steal the email ids, passwords, credit card information, and other private details of the user by using this infection. Once installed, the fake messages regarding updates of various important programs, and when you click on any of the pop-up messages, this infection automatically downloaded on the system. This rogue application can be extremely dangerous for the privacy of your data, and the risk of losing your information increases as long as this infection remained in the system. The Dynamic updater makes your system super slow, and you will be failed to open any of the executable files on your computer.
Removal of Dynamic updater
After knowing that the system is compromised to the Dynamic updater rogue infection, you have to find an appropriate method to get rid of this infection. You can use the automatic tools to delete this virus from the system completely. The manual removal of this virus is also possible, but only recommended for the advanced level users. The steps involved in the manual removal are as under:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
Restart the PC, and hit the F8 key while the system is restarted to access the boot options menu, from where you have to select the safe mode and hit the Enter key to start the system in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
Hold the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together to open the windows task manager, and select the processes tab to see a list of processes on your computer. Remove the following associated processes of the Dynamic updater before closing the task manager:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
You have to get rid of the following associated files of the Dynamic updater from the system files folder by using the Delete key:-
- %Desktopdir%\Dynamic updater.lnk
- %Programs%\Dynamic updater\Dynamic updater.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Remove the associated registry entries created by this adware program. In this regard, open the registry editor by by executing the RegEdit.exe command through Run option available in the Start Menu. Delete the following suspicious entries as quickly as possible:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Dynamic updater\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Dynamic updater
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Dynamic updater\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Dynamic updater\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Dynamic updater\DisplayName Dynamic updater
In the end, close the registry editor, and do not forget to check the success of this process by rebooting the system in the normal mode. Run a system scan through any updated antivirus software to remove the infections caused by this virus.