The Dwnsofterr.com is a malicious application that is wisely designed as well as distributed by the cyber criminals to attack the computers using windows operating systems, and gain the illegal monetary benefits. The most common way of distributing Dwnsofterr.com is through spam email attachments, and once this infection enters in the system, it hide itself deep in the roots of the system files folder. You cannot detect or remove this lethal domain through normal antivirus program or other traditional removal methods. First of all, the Dwnsofterr.com disables your task manager as well as registry editor so that you cannot remove it through system utilities. It creates fake registry entries in the windows start-up which allows this infection to start automatically whenever you starts the system. The Dwnsofterr.com is a type of domain that introduces itself as a usefull website that helps you to find discounted shopping deals on the popular online shopping websites, but in reality this is a wisely set trap for the novice computer users. It has the stealthy properties which simply means it can easily steal your passwords and other important details.
Removal of Dwnsofterr.com
Once it is confirmed that your system becomes the victim of the Dwnsofterr.com, you need to take some immediate steps to get rid of this malicious domain. This infection can be removed with the help of any powerful automatic tool. The manual removal is also available in this regard that is extremely complicated for the novice users, and described below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
Access the computer in the safe mode in order to start the manual removal process. Restart the system, and press the F8 key while the system is restarted to see the list of boot options. Select the Safe mode option from the list by using the arrow keys and press the Enter key.
End the Malicious Processes
After accessing the system in the safe mode, you have to hold the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together to access the windows task manager, and click on the processes tab to see a list of processes on your computer. Remove the following associated processes of the Dwnsofterr.com before closing the task manager:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
You have to get rid of the following associated files of the Dwnsofterr.com from the system files folder by using the Delete key:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Get rid of the associated registry entries created by this malicious application in the windows registry. In this regard, open the registry editor by by executing the RegEdit.exe command through Run option available in the Start Menu. You have to remove the following suspicious entries as quickly as possible:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Dwnsofterr.com\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Dwnsofterr.com\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Dwnsofterr.com\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Dwnsofterr.com\DisplayName Dwnsofterr.com
Finally, do not forget to check the success of this process by rebooting the system in the normal mode. Run a system scan through any updated antivirus software.