The Dropper-FDH is a lethal computer infection that performs a number of harmful activities that can cause permanent damage to the system resources. Once installed on the system, the Dropper-FDH changes the security settings of the computer including windows firewall, and disable the antivirus program to open the backdoor for the additional threats. This malicious application creates corrupt system files, and also creates an error pop-up file. This deadly dangerous computer virus keeps changing the name as well as location randomly in order to avoid the detection from any security tool. The Dropper-FDH can slow down the speed of the system and degrade the performance of your computer by utilizing most of the system resources. Moreover, the hackers also use this tool to get the remote access the PC, and steal your personal financial information.
The Manual Removal of Dropper-FDH
Once you realize the symptoms of the Dropper-FDH virus, you have to confirm its presence, and take immediate steps to remove this virus completely from your computer. There are some reliable automatic removal tools available to get rid of this adware program, but you can also remove this virus manually. The instructions for the manual removal method are described below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
You cannot remove this virus manually unless you do not operate the system in the safe mode instead of the normal mode. In this regard, restart the computer and use the F8 key to see the boot options. Once the boot options are accessed, select the safe mode option and press the enter key to start the computer in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
Press the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together to open the windows task manager, and hit the processes tab to see the list of processes running in the background. You have to kill the following suspicious processes associated with this virus one by one by using the “End Process” button:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
The next step is the removal of the associated data. In this regard, you have to delete the following files from the system files folder:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
In the end, you have to remove the modification made by this virus in the registry section of your operating system. In this regard, you have to access the registry editor by executing the “RegEdit” command through the “Run” option available in the “Start Menu”. Once you are able to see the registry editor, delete the following suspicious entries:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Dropper-FDH\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Dropper-FDH\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Dropper-FDH\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Dropper-FDH\DisplayName Dropper-FDH
Do not forget to restart the system in the normal mode after closing the registry editor to evaluate how effectively you have removed the virus. Besides that you also need to run a complete system scan on the system through an updated version of any reliable antivirus software.