How to remove Drop Drans using Windows Control Panel
The Drop Drans is a dangerous adware program that can disturb your routine browsing, and can cause permanent damage to your system. This malicious application can also cause you the monetary loss. This infection arrives in the system through spam emails, and downloading freeware. The purpose of developing this infection is to trap the innocent users and take their money away through frauds and other cyber crimes This is a fake application that claims to enhance your experience of watching YouTube videos, but actually the purpose of developing this adware infection is to take the control of your browsing, and display the targeted ads on your screen while surfing on the web. This malicious application is capable of tracking your private information such as credit card numbers, and email passwords. These confidential details are then used in the online scams, and cyber frauds. This nasty adware needed to be removed as soon as you find it on your system.
Many hijackers and adware like DropDrans install some of their components as regular windows programs as well as additional software. This part of malware can be uninstalled from Control Panel. To access it, do the following.
- Start->Control Panel (older Windows) or press Windows Key->Search and enter Control Panel (Windows 8);
- Choose Uninstall Program;
- Go through a list of programs and select entries related to DropDrans and related parasites like Cyber Monday Deals , Steel Cut , Dealrunner , Better Fox Finder , Wincheck , Masponi , Product Promoter , GetDiscountApp , EasyStore , Cleanignite .
- Click uninstall button.
- In many cases anti-malware programs are better at detecting related parasites, thus I recommend installing Spyhunter, Malwarebytes and Stopzilla to identify other programs that might be a part of this infection.
How to Remove DropDrans from Your Computer?
Step One: Alternative Browser
Malware may modify the settings of your browser or disable it completely. In case you have problems with the browser you are currently using, open a different one instead.
Step Two: Removable Media
Download an anti-malware program on another PC, copy it to a CD, DVD, USB flash drive or a removable media of your choice. Install the AV program on the infected computer.
Step Three: Start Windows in Safe Mode
1. Remove all CDs and DVDs, and then Restart your PC from the “Start” menu.
– For PCs with a single operating system: Press “F8” repeatedly after the first boot screen shows up during the restart of your computer. In case the Windows logo appears on the screen, you have to repeat the same task again.
– For PCs with multiple operating systems: Тhe arrow keys will help you select the operating system you prefer to start in Safe Mode. Press “F8” just as described for a single operating system.
3. As the “Advanced Boot Options” screen appears, select the Safe Mode option you want using the arrow keys. As you make your selection, press “Enter“.
4. Log on to your computer using your administrator account
While your computer is in Safe Mode, the words “Safe Mode” will appear in all four corners of your screen.
Manual Removal of Drop Drans
After detecting the Drop Drans adware on the system, you are required to remove this infection by using an effective removal method. There are different methods available to delete this nasty infection, and you can select one according to the level of your expertise. Apart from automatic removal methods, you can remove this virus manually by using the following set of instructions:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
You cannot start the manual removal process by remaining in the normal mode of operation; therefore, you have to boot the infected system in the safe mode. Reboot the computer, and hit the F8 key to see the list of boot options. Select the safe mode from the list and press the Enter key to access the safe mode on your computer.
End the Malicious Processes
Hold the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together to access the task manager, and click on the Processes tab where you can see a list of processes running in the background. You are required to remove the following processes associated with this adware infection: –
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
In the next step of this process you have to get rid of the following associated files from the system files folder:-
- %Desktopdir%\ DropDrans.lnk
- %Programs%\DropDrans\ DropDrans.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Delete the corrupt additions from the windows registry in the final step of the manual removal process. Open the registry editor by clicking on the Start Menu, select Run, and type “regedit”. Once the registry editor is accessed, you have to locate and remove the following corrupt entries before closing the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\DropDrans\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\DropDrans\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\DropDrans\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\DropDrans\DisplayName DropDrans
Restart the infected system in the normal mode and check if the virus is removed successfully or still available. Run a complete system scan by using the updated version of any reliable antivirus program.