The DP1815 Pop-Up Ads is a malicious application considered as a computer virus and categorized as an adware infection. Once this lethal adware able to settle down in the system, it starts redirecting the user towards unwanted websites to generate traffic to the affiliate sites, and make commissions from the pay per click programs. This malicious adware attacks the windows based computers while using the outdated browsers, spam emails, and installing the software from unknown sources. The DP1815 Pop-Up Ads adware program is extremely dangerous for the overall health of the system, and can create privacy issues if not removed effectively. Once it enters in the system, it immediately disables your antivirus, and modify the windows firewall to avoid any detection or removal effort. After making your PC weaker, it opens the backdoor for additional parasites, and eventually the system becomes a junkyard of different types of computer worms.
Removal of DP1815 Pop-Up Ads
The DP1815 Pop-Up Ads is a type of adware program which cannot be removed through normal antivirus program or traditional methods. In order to get rid of this malicious application effectively, you need to select any powerful automatic removal tools. Besides that, the manual removal is also available and consists of the following steps:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
Before going through the steps of the manual removal, it is compulsory to boot the computer in the safe mode. Restart the system, and press the F8 key repeatedly to open the boot options screen. You have to select the safe mode option from the list of options, and press the Enter key to boot the PC in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
Hold the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together to access the windows task manager. Click on the Processes tab in the task manager window to see the list of processes running in the background of your PC, and remove the following suspicious processes from the list before closing the task manager window:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].ex
Remove the Associated Data
Open the file explorer, and delete the following suspicious files associated with the DP1815 Pop-Up Ads from the system files folder:-
- %Desktopdir%\DP1815 pop-up ads.lnk
- %Programs%\DP1815 pop-up ads\DP1815 pop-up ads.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Open the registry editor by clicking the Start menu, select Run option, and type “RegEdit” in the box. With the help of registry editor, you have to remove the following entries associated with the DP1815 Pop-Up Ads before closing the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\DP1815 pop-up ads\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\DP1815 pop-up ads
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\DP1815 pop-up ads\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\DP1815 pop-up ads\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\DP1815 pop-up ads\DisplayName DP1815 pop-up ads
You need to check the effectiveness of the manual removal process by rebooting the system in the normal mode. If the virus is removed successfully, you have to run a complete system scan after updating the existing antivirus software.