The Downloader.Zlob!gen.1 is a malware that infects the windows based computers all over the world, and belongs from the famous Trojan horse family of the viruses. This dangerous Trojan often installed on your computer without your consent, and as soon as it enters, it immediately disables your antivirus program by changing the privacy settings in your computer. Once installed, it creates a file directory in the system files folder on your computer which starts tracking your online activity. The hackers use this malicious application to get remote access of the system, and steal your confidential data. The Downloader.Zlob!gen.1 also modify your registry entries, and starts automatically every time you open your computer. This malicious Trojan occupies most of the resources installed on your computer, and you will face regular crushes, and slowdowns. This virus has the ability to damage your computer in a way that it will be useless for you.
The Instructions for Removal of Downloader.Zlob!gen.1
Once it is confirmed that your system is compromised to the Downloader.Zlob!gen.1 you need to get rid of this Trojan virus from your system quickly. You can remove this malicious application either by using any automatic removal tool, or by using the manual removal method. Following are the instructions to remove this threat manually:-
Select the Safe Mode
First of all you have to reboot the system in the safe mode, and do this, you have to restart the computer when it is running in the normal mode. When the system is in restarting process, you have to access the boot options menu with the help of F8 key, and select the safe mode option from the list of different options to boot your computer in the safe mode.
Remove the Associated Processes
You have to kill the malicious processes associated with the Downloader.Zlob!gen.1. You can do this by opening the windows task manager which is accessible by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together. Once the task manager window is accessed, you have to click on the processes tab, and delete following process from the list of running processes:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Files and Folders
You have to remove the associated files and folders of this threat by navigating towards system files folder through file explorer. You have to find and delete the following files:-
Remove the Corrupt Registry Entries
Without getting rid of the malicious registry entries created by this Trojan virus, the manual removal process will not consider as complete. To clean the windows registry you need to access the registry editor. The registry editor can be accessed with the help of Regedit command which can be executed through the Run option available in the Start menu. Following are the entries that you need to delete:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Downloader.Zlob!gen.1\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Downloader.Zlob!gen.1\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Downloader.Zlob!gen.1\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Downloader.Zlob!gen.1\DisplayName Downloader.Zlob!gen.1
Restart the computer in the normal mode, and see the effect of changes you have made during the manual removal process.