Once installed, the Downloader.Nurevil immediately changes the crucial browser settings including the DNS settings to gain the complete control of your browser. Once it changes the browser settings, you will start receiving the pop-up ads on the screen which do not allow you to work properly. It installed on any system without the knowledge or permission of the user, and hide itself wisely in the roots of the system files due to which it is not easy to detect this dangerous Trojan infection. It also invited the additional rogue infections in the infected system by making the security of the system vulnerable. Like most of the Trojan viruses, this is also designed and developed to steal the confidential details of the user.
The Manual Removal of Downloader.Nurevil
Once the Downloader.Nurevi detected on the system, you have to find a way to remove this malicious application without wasting any kind of time.Both, automatic as well as manual method is available to get rid of this Trojan application. The automatic method is easy and convenient for the novice users; whereas, the manual removal is only recommended for the advanced level computer users, and consists of the following steps:-
Start the System in Safe Mode
You have to reboot the system in the safe mode by terminating the normal mode of the infected system. When you restart the system, you have to use the F8 key to see the boot options, and select the safe mode.
Kill the Associated Processes
Once the system starts working in the safe mode, now you can remove the corrupt processes associated with the Downloader.Nurevi. In this regard, you have to open the windows task manager with the help of Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together. Once the task manager window appears on the screen, click on the processes tab, and remove the following processes:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Files
The next step of manual removal process is the removal of the malicious files related to this Trojan application. Following are some of the suspicious files that you need to deleted as quickly as possible.
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
The final step of the manual removal method is removal of suspicious registry entries that are associated with the Downloader.Nurevi. You have to access the registry editor by clicking on the start menu, select “run”, and type “regedit” in the box before pressing the enter. Remove the following entries once you are able to access the registry editor. After removing these entries, you have to close the registry editor and restart the system in the normal mode:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Downloader.Nurevil\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Downloader.Nurevil\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Downloader.Nurevil\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Downloader.Nurevil\DisplayName Downloader.Nurevil
Run a complete system scan after updating the existing antivirus program.