The Downloader.Liftoh is a dangerous Trojan virus that mostly downloaded along with other freeware, and malware on the windows based computers. Once installed, this tricky Trojan application hides itself wisely along with other sensitive system files. Mostly this threat spread through spam email attachment, or social media offers, and this virus is designed to trap innocent computer users. The main objective of sending this virus to the computer is to steal the information regarding credit cards, and bank details, and record the browsing preferences. His information then transferred to the hackers who use it in the cyber crimes.
The Manual Removal of Downloader.Liftoh
When you start feeling that this malicious application is installed on your computer, the most important task for you is to get rid of this Trojan immediately by using any reliable automatic tool. The manual removal method is also available but it is only recommended to the computer professionals and advanced level computer user. The manual removal method is detailed below:-
Start Your Computer in the Safe Mode
First step of this long process is to terminate the normal mode of the system by restarting it, and use F8 key to access the boot options menu where you have to select the safe mode.
Delete the Processes through Windows Task Manager
Once the operating mode of the infected computer changed to the safe mode, you can now delete the associated processes created by this deadly dangerous Trojan. In this regard, use the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together to open the task manager, and click on the processes tab, where you can see a list of processes running in the background. Immediately remove the suspicious processes mentioned below:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Data
Once the above mentioned steps are completed successfully, you have to proceed towards the system files folder, and find the following suspicious files that are associated with the Downloader.Liftoh. Once found, you have to delete these files and folders immediately by using the Delete key:-
- %Programs%\Downloader.Liftoh /Flow.aspx \Downloader.Liftoh.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Without cleaning the windows registry, this virus cannot be removed completely; therefore, you need to clean the windows registry by removing the entries created by this malicious application. First of all you have to open the registry editor which can be accessed by opening the start menu, select Run, and type RegEdit. Once the registry editor is accessed successfully, you have to find and delete the following corrupt entries:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ Downloader.Liftoh \DisplayIcon %AppData%\ [RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ Downloader.Liftoh
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ Downloader.Liftoh /Flow.aspx \UninstallString “%AppData% [RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\ [RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ Downloader.Liftoh \ShortcutPath “%AppData%\ [RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ Downloader.Liftoh \DisplayName Downloader.Liftoh /
After completing the above mentioned steps, you have to close the registry editor, and restart the infected computer in the normal mode. Update the current antivirus program, and also run a complete system scan to remove any kind of infections.