The Downdapp.com Redirect Virus is a malicious application that belongs from the adware family of infections. The Downdapp.com Redirect Virus is developed by the international hackers to infect the targeted systems and achieve the financial goals through frauds and other online crimes. This malicious application is distributed through spam emails, adult websites, online games, live video streaming, and removable storage devices. Once this nasty adware enters in the system, it starts occupying the screen with unstoppable pop-up messages. It starts showing the pop-ups regarding the flash player update, but keep in mind that this is a trap set by the cyber crooks for the innocent users. Once this adware settles down in the system, it creates a number of problems for the user, including inaccessibility of the system utilities, modification in the windows registry, disabling the antivirus, and degrading the overall performance of the system.
Removal of Downdapp.com Redirect Virus
The Downdapp.com Redirect Virus is a dangerous adware infection that can be extremely harmful for the system resources and data if not removed in time. You have to delete this nasty adware program either manually, or by selecting any reliable automatic removal tool. The steps involved in the manual removal process are mentioned below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
First of all, you have to boot the infected computer in the safe mode so that the manual removal instructions can be executed. You just need to restart the computer, and strike the F8 key repeatedly to access the boot options menu. Select the safe mode option once you are able to see the boot options, and hit the Enter key to start the system in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
You are required to access the task manager to remove the associated processes of this infection. In this regard, hold the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together. Click on the processes tab to see all the processes running in the background of the system. Delete the following associated processes of the Downdapp.com Redirect Virus before closing the task manager:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Open the system files folder and remove the following suspicious files associated with the Downdapp.com Redirect Virus:-
- %Desktopdir%\Downdapp.com pop-up Virus.lnk
- %Programs%\Downdapp.com pop-up Virus\Downdapp.com pop-up Virus.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Finally, you have to get rid of the suspicious entries created by this adware infection in the windows registry. In this regard, you have to run the Regedit command from the Start menu to access the registry editor. Delete the following malicious entries associated with the Downdapp.com Redirect Virus:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Downdapp.com pop-up Virus\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Downdapp.com pop-up Virus
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Downdapp.com pop-up Virus\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Downdapp.com pop-up Virus\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Downdapp.com pop-up Virus\DisplayName Downdapp.com pop-up Virus
Close the registry editor before restarting the PC in the normal mode and see if the virus is removed successfully or still available. Run a system scan from the main interface of your antivirus program.