The Dosearches.com is a recently discovered computer virus categorized as a browser hijacker, and affected thousands of the windows based computers all over the world. The main purpose of developing such lethal browser hijacker is to steal the money of the innocent users through frauds. This malicious application often enters in the system while downloading free video movies, music, and other entertainment stuff. After settling down in the system, the Dosearches.com virus add the search toolbar in the home page of your default browser which is used to redirect all your searches towards unknown places. The interface of this dangerous browser hijacker is just like a popular website that offers free online games. The Dosearches.com infection not just effect your browsing activities, but it also steals your sensitive personal details.
The Manual Removal of Dosearches.com
Once the Dosearches.com browser hijacker invades your system, you need to remove this virus as soon as possible. The manual removal of this infection is only recommended to the advanced users and professionals as it is extremely complicated. The instructions for the manual removal of the Dosearches.com virus are as under:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
You have to terminate the normal mode of operation by restarting the PC. Press the F8 key while the system is restarted to access the boot options menu, and select the safe mode option from the list of boot options before hitting the Enter key to boot the computer in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
Open the windows task manager by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and chooses the Processes tab where you can see the list of processes running in the background of your system. You must remove the following suspicious processes that are associated with the Dosearches.com browser hijacker:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Open the file explorer, and access the system files folder to find and delete the associated data. In this regard, following are some of the related files of the Dosearches.com browser hijacker that you need to remove:-
- %Desktopdir%\Dosearches.com Browser Hijacker.lnk
- %Programs%\Dosearches.com Browser Hijacker\Dosearches.com Browser Hijacker.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
The last step of this complicated manual removal process is remove the modifications in the windows registry made by this virus. Access the registry editor by selecting the Run option available in the Start menu, and type regedit in the box. Once the registry editor is accessed, remove the following associated entries of the Dosearches.com virus before closing the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Dosearches.com Browser Hijacker\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Dosearches.com Browser Hijacker
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Dosearches.com Browser Hijacker\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Dosearches.com Browser Hijacker\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Dosearches.com Browser Hijacker\DisplayName Dosearches.com Browser Hijacker
Reboot the machine in the normal mode to see how effectively you are able to follow the manual removal instructions. If the virus is removed successfully, you must run a complete system scan on your PC to remove the infections caused by this browser hijacker.