The Do Searches virus is a pernicious application that comes into the system without providing any hint to the user. This dangerous redirect virus is responsible of showing annoying pop-up ads, and alerts on the screen of the infected system. The Do Searches virus enters in the system while downloading free software, malicious websites, junk mail attachments, and using infected removable devices. Once this virus gets in the system, your privacy at high risk, and the private information can be accessed by the hackers remotely anytime they want. It is designed with the multi layered coding to bypass any security arrangements. If you are unable to remove this redirect virus in time, it can create several complications in the system, including the system crashes, freezes, and blue screen error. You will also notice the degradation of the speed of the system.
Removal of Do Searches virus
As soon as it is confirmed that the Do Searches virus is present in your computer, you have to take some immediate steps in order to get rid of this redirect virus. The automatic removal in this regard is extremely easy, and recommended for the novice computer users. On the other hand, the manual removal process is difficult, and consists of the following steps:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
Open the system in the safe mode before proceeding with the manual removal method. You have to restart the computer, and access the boot options screen by hitting the F8 key repeatedly while the system is restarted. Press the Enter key after selecting the safe mode option from the list.
End the Malicious Processes
As soon as you start operating the system in the safe mode, you have to access the task manager by pressing the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and select the Processes tab where you can see all the processes running in the background of your system. End the following corrupt processes, before closing the task manager: –
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
You have to access the system files folder and remove the following malicious files associated with the Do Searches virus by using the Delete key:-
- %Desktopdir%\Do Searches.lnk
- %Programs%\Do Searches\Do Searches.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Remove the corrupt entries from the registry section to complete the manual removal process. In this regard, access the registry editor through the Run option on the Start Menu, and type “regedit” in the box before pressing the “OK” button. Get rid of the following associated entries of the Do Searches virus, and close the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Do Searches\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Do Searches
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Do Searches\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Do Searches\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Do Searches\DisplayName Do Searches
Check if the virus is removed successfully by restarting the system in the normal mode. Select the complete system scan through an updated version of your existing antivirus.