The Dnsrsearch.com is a malicious application categorized as a browser hijacker, and attacks the targeted computers secretly. This lethal browser hijacker is discovered recently, and you cannot detect or remove it through any traditional antivirus program. The Dnsrsearch.com infection can attack most of the popular browsers including the Safari, Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer. This browser hijacker sneaks in the windows based computers while performing unsafe browsing and then spreads to the other computers on the same network. After changing the basic browser settings, the Dnsrsearch.com manipulates the search results by redirecting them towards unknown places. This malicious application display pop-up ads on the screen of the infected computer, and encourage the users to spend their money on these offers. This browser hijacker enables the searches through the address bar of your default browser, and redirects every search you try towards malicious web pages where you can easily get infected by other dangerous parasites. This lethal parasite can make your system completely useless if it is not removed in quick time.
The Manual Removal of Dnsrsearch.com
Once this browser hijacker detected on your computer, you have to delete this infection completely without wasting the precious time. There are both manual as well as automatic methods available through which you can delete this severe computer infection. The instructions for manual removal of the Dnsrsearch.com browser hijacker are as under:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
You must end the normal mode of operation, and start the system in the safe mode before performing the manual removal method. Press the F8 key repeatedly to see the boot options while the system is being restarted and select the safe mode option from the list to start the system in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
Once the PC is start working in the safe mode, you have to kill the associated processes of the Dnsrsearch.com infection. In this regard, you have to access the windows task manager by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and select the processes tab in the task manager window where you can see the list of processes running in the background. Kill the following associated processes of this infection:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Remove the following associated files of the Dnsrsearch.com from system files folder:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
The manual removal of the Dnsrsearch.com infection will be completed when you clean the windows registry by removing the corrupt entries made by this virus. In this regard, open the registry editor with by using the RegEdit command that can be executed through the Run option available in the Start menu. Delete the following entries after accessing the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Dnsrsearch.com\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Dnsrsearch.com\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Dnsrsearch.com\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Dnsrsearch.com\DisplayName Dnsrsearch.com
Close the registry editor and restart the system in the normal mode to see the success or failure of the manual removal process.