The Dns Basic is a malicious application that is categorized as a browser hijacker. This dangerous browser hijacker mostly spread through freeware, unsafe browsing, spam email attachments, and visiting compromised web pages. The Dns Basic is capable of changing your homepage, and the default search engine. Every time you try to search anything, it will redirect you towards DnsBasic.com, and your homepage is also becomes same. This malicious application changes the firewall settings and disable the already installed antivirus program to open the backdoor for the additional malware. The overall vulnerability of the system also increased as the viruses can attack easily on the infected system. This dangerous browser hijacker steals your confidential data such as browsing habits, payment details, shopping preferences, user names, passwords and cookies. This browser hijacker has also run annoying pop-up ads on the screen of the compromised system, due to which it is impossible for the user to perform daily tasks on the computer. The speed as well as a performance also affected negatively once the system is attacked by the Dns Basic virus.
The Manual Removal of Dns Basic
Once the system is infected by the Dns Basic, you have to remove this malicious browser hijacker immediately. You can remove this virus either by using any reliable automatic removal tool, or by using the manual removal method. However, the manual removal is complicated due to which it is only recommended for the advance level computer users. Following are the steps of the manual removal method.
Start Your Computer in the Safe Mode
You have to reboot the infected PC in order to terminate the normal mode, and select safe mode option from the list of boot options which can be accessed by pressing the F8 key while the system is restarted.
Delete the Processes through Windows Task Manager
Once the system starts working in the safe mode you have to end the corrupt processescreated by this malicious browser hijacker. In this regard, you have to open the windows task manager by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together. Once the task manager window is accessed, click on the processes tab and end the following processes from the list:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Data
Once the processes are ended, it becomes possible for you to delete the malicious files of this virus. You have to navigate towards the system files folder, and delete the following files:-
- %Desktopdir%\Dns Basic Virus.lnk
- %Programs%\Dns Basic Virus\Dns Basic Virus.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Clean the windows registry from the malicious entries created by this virus. In this regard, you have to open the registry editor and remove the following entries quickly:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Dns Basic Virus\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Dns Basic Virus
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Dns Basic Virus\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Dns Basic Virus\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Dns Basic Virus\DisplayName Dns Basic Virus
After deleting the corrupt entries from the windows registry, close the registry editor, and restart the system in the normal mode to check how effectively you have removed the virus manually.