How to Remove DLL-Fixer.com?
The DLL-Fixer.com is a fake application that presents itself as a legitimate registry cleaner. The DLL-Fixer.com is a trap that is designed by the cyber crooks to trap the innocent users, and take their money away. This malicious application downloaded on the windows based computers by visiting unsafe websites, and also through infected removable devices. Once installed, the DLL-Fixer.com performs fake scans and shows that there are a number errors on the system. Once you try to fix these errors by using the application, you will be asked to purchase the paid version of this so called registry cleaner. Keep in mind that this is a wisely designed trap and if you purchase the software, you will not only lose your money, but you are also exposed to these notorious hackers as you give all your details such as names, credit card numbers, and ban account details. They can use such details in the frauds, and other cyber crimes.
The Manual Removal of DLL-Fixer.com
When it is confirmed that your system is a real victim of the DLL-Fixer.com rogue application, you have to remove this dangerous computer infection as soon as possible. You can delete this infection with the help of any reliable automatic tool; however, if you have skills, you can also remove this nasty infection manually. The steps involved in the manual removal method are mentioned below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
First of all you have to change the mode of operation of the system by selecting the safe mode. Restart the system and hit the F8 key repeatedly to access the boot options menu where you have to select the Safe mode and hit the Enter key to boot the computer in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
The next step of this long manual removal process is killing the associated processes of the DLL-Fixer.com. In this regard you have to open the windows task manager by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together. Once the task manager is accessed, select the Processes tab, and remove the following processes one by one from there:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
The next step of this process is the removal of the associated files along with the folders. In this regard, you have to remove the following files from the system files folder with the help of the Delete key:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
To complete the manual removal process, you need to remove the corrupt entries from windows registry. Open the registry editor with the help of Regedit command that can be Run through the start menu, and remove the following associated entries of this lethal rogue application:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\DLL-Fixer.com\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\DLL-Fixer.com\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\DLL-Fixer.com\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\DLL-Fixer.com\DisplayName DLL-Fixer.com
In the end, you have to close the registry editor before restarting the system in the normal mode to see how effectively you have removed this computer virus.