Besides that, this malicious application redirects all your searches towards certain compromised web pages where you are encouraged to buy a certain type of unknown products.Besides these activities, the Dlink Redirect Virus is capable of performing a number of additional malicious activities on the infected computer that include removal of important system files, and creating corrupt registry entries. The objective of developing this infection is to make your system unstable and damage it in many different ways.
The Manual Removal of Dlink Redirect Virus
Once the Dlink Redirect Virus detected on the system, you have to find a method to remove this infection as quickly as possible. There are automatic as well as manual methods available to remove this virus. The automatic removal method is convenient for the novice users; whereas, the manual removal of this virus is difficult and only recommended for the professional computer users.
Start the System in Safe Mode
Before going into the manual removal process you have to reboot the infected computer in the safe mode by terminating the normal mode. Restart the system and use F8 key to access the boot options menu. Select the safe mode and press “Enter” to start your computer in the safe mode.
Kill the Associated Processes
When the infected computer starts running in the safe mode, you can remove the corrupt processes associated with this threat. To access the windows task manager you have to hold the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and once the task manager appears on the screen, click on the processes tab. Remove the following processes from the list:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Files
The next thing that you have to do is removal of the associated data of this virus. You have to remove the following suspicious files from the program files folder:-
- %Desktopdir%\Dlink Redirect Virus.lnk
- %Programs%\Dlink Redirect Virus\Dlink Redirect Virus.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Clicking on the start menu, select “run”, and type “regedit” in the box before pressing the enter in order to start the windows registry editor. Once you are able to see the registry editor, you have to remove the following associated entries of this threat. After removing these entries successfully, you have to close the registry editor and restart the system in the normal mode:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Dlink Redirect Virus\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Dlink Redirect Virus
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Dlink Redirect Virus\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Dlink Redirect Virus\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Dlink Redirect Virus\DisplayName Dlink Redirect Virus