The DiscouNNtExtensi 7.2 is a potentially unwanted program that slips in the system, secretly without your permission, and performs several harmful activities. This malicious application installed automatically on any windows based system without any manual interaction. This malicious application attacks the system while visiting adult websites, sharing files on p2p networks, removable storage devices, and spam emails. Once installed, it creates the fake startup keys in the windows registry which makes this application able to start automatically every time user starts the system. The hackers developed this malicious application to steal the money of the users through online frauds, and gain the monetary benefits by unethical advertising campaigns. It disables the antivirus tools, and windows firewall due to which it is impossible to detect this malicious application at the initial stage. It is known as a resource eater due to which it degrades the speed of the system, and you are unable to access any of the executable programs.
Removal of DiscouNNtExtensi 7.2
After knowing that the system is compromised to the DiscouNNtExtensi 7.2 infection, you have to find an effective method through which you can get rid of this infection completely. In this regard, you can find a number of automatic tools through which you can remove this virus within just a few minutes. Besides that, this virus can be removed manually too. The manual removal consists of the following steps:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
You are required to access the safe mode on your system before going through the instructions of manual removal process. Restart the system, and get the access of the boot options menu by hitting the F8 key repeatedly. Select the safe mode and press the Enter key to start the system in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
Access the windows task manager by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and click on the processes tab under the task manager to see the list of processes running in the background of your PC. You have to locate as well as remove the following suspicious processes by using the End Process button before closing the task manager:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].ex
Remove the Associated Data
Remove the following associated files of the DiscouNNtExtensi 7.2 along with their folders from the system files folder by using the Delete key:-
- %Desktopdir%\DiscouNNtExtensi 7.2.lnk
- %Programs%\DiscouNNtExtensi 7.2\DiscouNNtExtensi 7.2.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
You have to access the registry editor by selecting the start menu, click the Run option, and write RegEdit in the box before pressing the OK button. Get rid of the following associated entries of the DiscouNNtExtensi 7.2 before closing the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\DiscouNNtExtensi 7.2\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\DiscouNNtExtensi 7.2
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\DiscouNNtExtensi 7.2\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\DiscouNNtExtensi 7.2\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\DiscouNNtExtensi 7.2\DisplayName DiscouNNtExtensi 7.2
Access the system in the normal mode to see the virus is removed successfully or still available. Update the existing antivirus program, and run a complete system scan.